A midnight candy craving led to the arrest of a 21-year-old man on drug-related charges.
Hilliard Division of Police officers responded to the report of a shoplifter at 12:30 a.m. June 15 at a business on Main Street.
The 21-year-old man was caught pilfering two bags of Skittles, Lt. Ron Clark said.
After arresting the man, officers found he had prescription pills and a marijuana pipe, Clark said.
He was arrested on misdemeanor charges related to the theft and possession of drugs and a controlled substance, Clark said.
In other recent Hilliard police incident reports:
* A wedding ring set and an anniversary band worth $1,300 were reported stolen between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. June 14 from a vehicle in the 3500 block of Leap Road.
The items were stolen from a vehicle the owner had loaned to someone else and were missing after the vehicle was returned, police said.
As of June 19, no charges had been filed and the case remained under investigation.
* A truck tailgate worth $3,000 was reported stolen between 6 p.m. June 10 and 7 a.m. June 12 from a vehicle in the 7100 block of Hayden Run Road.
* Employees at a business on Trueman Boulevard told police $140 was stolen between 2:15 and 3 p.m. June 13.
* A 21-year-old man told police a backpack, a tablet computer and a wallet containing credit cards, a driver's license and money were stolen at 7:15 p.m. June 13 from a vehicle in the 3800 block of Park Mill Run Drive.
A window was broken to gain entry into the vehicle.
* A 16-year-old boy told police a smartphone worth $600 was stolen at 4:50 p.m. June 15 at Roger A. Reynolds Municipal Park, 3800 Veterans Memorial Drive.
* Trailers worth $1,200 were reported stolen at 10:45 a.m. June 9 from a parking lot on the 3600 block of Lacon Road.
* A purse containing earrings and debit cards was reported stolen at 4:20 a.m. June 10 from the 5000 block of Edgeley Drive.
* A 2016 SUV worth $24,000 was reported stolen between 2 and 9 p.m. June 10 from the 5300 block of Dexter Avenue.
The car was recovered and police have identified a suspect.
No arrests had been made as of June 19.
* A 2001 sedan worth $5,000 was reported stolen between 5 and 9 p.m. June 11 in the 3800 block of Park Mill Run Drive.
The vehicle was recovered in Madison County.
No charges had been filed as of June 19.