Gahanna police said a Shady Spring Drive resident reported a suspicious vehicle at 9:14 p.m. July 16 after an encounter with an 8- or 9-year-old boy who said he was selling candy bars to raise money for a trip to Niagara Falls.

When she declined to buy candy but offered to donate a few dollars, the boy said he needed $5, $10 or $20 bills or she could go "see his boss with a credit card and he could run the card for a donation," according to reports.

The boy pointed to a white van with no windows. The resident said she didn't see them stop at other houses in the neighborhood, reports said. She was told to call back if she sees them in the area again.

In other Gahanna police incident reports:

* A Vista Drive resident reported the odor of marijuana was coming from a neighboring residence, according to a report received at 12:21 a.m. July 17. A light was on at the neighboring residence when police arrived on the scene, and it went out as soon as police began to knock. The odor of marijuana was present outside the apartment, reports said.

* A cellphone, a charger and compact discs were reported stolen from a vehicle on Barwood Drive, according to a report received at 6:09 a.m. July 18. The theft occurred overnight, according to reports.

* A backpack-style leaf blower, valued at $350, was reported stolen from the rear of a truck on Laurel Ridge Drive, according to a report received at 2:51 p.m. July 17.

* An employee of a Taylor Station Road business reported windows were broken out on the building, according to a report received at 10:37 a.m. July 17.

* Someone was reported for going through a trash bin at a business in the first block of North Stygler Road, according to a report received at 8:24 a.m. July 15.

* A male in a kayak capsized in Rocky Fork Creek and appeared as though he was having trouble recovering, according to a report received from a Creekway Court resident at 5:46 p.m. July 13. The caller was concerned the kayaker didn't have the skills to be on the water at its current level, reports said. Mifflin Township Division of Fire personnel advised the kayaker had continued down the river and they weren't sending a response to the area, according to reports.