A man told Columbus police officers he was robbed at gunpoint at 10:42 p.m. Aug. 9 while walking in an alley near the 2800 block of North High Street.
The victim said more than one suspect approached him, and one of them displayed a pistol. They robbed him of a $100 cellphone, earbuds valued at $25, a backpack worth $30, his house keys and his $40 wallet, which contained his identification and birth certificate, reports said.
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* A man who lives in the first block of East Tulane Avenue filed a fraud complaint with police at 12:08 p.m. Aug. 9, accusing an individual of failing to complete a construction job and not returning the money paid to him for the work. The victim said he made the $1,575 payment for siding work Nov. 2.
* A woman told police the $1,000 tailgate of her pickup truck was stolen while it was parked in the 5300 block of North High Street between 8 p.m. Aug. 8 and 8:30 a.m. Aug. 9.
* A woman who lives in the 100 block of Rathbone Avenue contacted police at 12:59 p.m. Aug. 8 to report the theft of $2,500 worth of jewelry, a $700 pocket watch and a doll valued at $200. The incident took place between 9 a.m. July 29 and 5 p.m. July 30, reports said.
* A man told police he was riding his bicycle in the vicinity of North High Street and East Torrence Road at 3 p.m. Aug. 7 when an individual pushed him to the ground and made off with the $100 bike.
* A 38-year-old Blake Avenue man was charged with robbery at 8:26 a.m. Aug. 6 at the intersection of East Arcadia and Medary avenues after allegedly using force to steal the purse from around a woman's neck.
The suspect, who was taken into custody near the intersection of East North Broadway and North High Street, dropped the woman's purse in the backyard of home in the 2600 block of Dayton Avenue after a witness to the snatching gave chase, according to reports.