Whitehall police arrested a 21-year-old Columbus man for eluding police, a first-degree misdemeanor, as well as traffic violations and obstructing official business at 4 p.m. July 28 in the 4900 block of Dimson Drive South.
Police attempted to stop the driver for a traffic violation in the 4600 block of East Main Street, but the driver disregarded the officer's lights and siren, instead driving to a residence in the 4600 block of Dimson Drive South.
There, he exited the vehicle, again ignoring police, and entered a residence, reports said.
The reporting officer requested assistance from other officers.
After a short period, the suspect came out of the residence with his mother "and a few other people," according to reports. The officer had taken cover behind his vehicle and had his gun pointed at the suspect, reports said.
After other officers arrived, the suspect complied with police and was taken into custody.
The man's vehicle was impounded and searched. Police reported finding 0.36 grams of marijuana and scales inside the vehicle.
The suspect told police he did not stop "because he was scared (and) paranoid" from recently smoking marijuana and "would make better decisions moving forward," according to reports.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police arrested two men for burglary at 10:30 a.m. July 31 after a witness reported the men were taking property from a residence in the 300 block of Collingwood Avenue.
An officer in the area at the time reported he saw two men matching the suspects' descriptions in possession of the property in the parking lot of a church. The men ran from police.
Officers caught one man as he slowed to jump a fence; the other man was found hiding beneath vegetation, reports said.
The latter man, with a Taser pointed at him, complied with an order to come out of hiding, according to reports.
An investigation revealed a woman drove the men to the Whitehall residence from a hotel in Columbus but was not aware of their intent. She was released without being charged.
* Burglaries were reported at 12:15 a.m. Aug. 2 in the 3800 block of East Broad Street; at 7:05 p.m. Aug. 3 in the 4700 block of Olde Colony Way; at 5 a.m. Aug. 4 in the 900 block of Duke Road; at 1:05 a.m. Aug. 5 in the 4600 block of East Main Street; at 12:45 p.m. Aug. 8 in the 3700 block of East Broad Street; and at 7:25 p.m. Aug. 8 in the 4600 block of Faith Avenue.
* Thefts were reported at 7:20 a.m. Aug. 3 in the 900 block of Fairway Boulevard; at 11:45 a.m. Aug. 3 in the 400 block of Cumberland Drive; at 10:15 p.m. Aug. 3 in the 4400 block of Josephus Lane; at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 5 in the 500 block of South Yearling Road; at 1:50 a.m. Aug. 6 in the 3800 block of East Main Street; at 11:35 a.m. Aug. 7 in the 100 block of Midcliff Drive; and at 11:55 a.m. Aug. 7 in the 300 block of Shell Court West.
* Assaults were reported at 11:20 p.m. Aug. 5 in the 4200 block of Rickenbacker Avenue; at 6:15 p.m. Aug. 6 in the 4500 block of Saint Anthony Lane; and at 5:10 a.m. Aug. 9 in the first block of Woodcliff Drive.
* Property destruction was reported at 8:15 a.m. Aug. 3 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; at 1:40 p.m. Aug. 5 in the 100 block of Parklawn Boulevard; at 3:20 p.m. Aug. 8 in the 100 block of Woodcliff Drive; and at 9:45 p.m. Aug. 8 in the 900 block of Rosemore Avenue.