New Albany Police Department officers discovered methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia and a handgun that had been reported stolen during a traffic stop on state Route 161 in the early morning hours of Aug. 11.
The traffic stop was at 12:16 a.m. after an officer noticed a slow-moving vehicle driving along Route 161, according to the police report.
Three passengers were inside the vehicle and police charged two of them after finding the stolen handgun, paraphernalia and a pencil pouch filled with meth.
A 40-year-old woman was charged with drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance, and a 33-year-old Reynoldsburg man was charged with receiving stolen property and possession of a controlled substance.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 36-year-old Centerburg man was cited for OVI at 12:53 a.m. Aug. 13 after a traffic stop on the 10000 block of Johnstown Road. The vehicle was stopped for having no tail lights.
* Two girls received drug-related citations at 2:09 a.m. Aug. 10 after police received a call about a vehicle parked in the 3700 block of Pembrook Green with its lights on. Police found alcohol, marijuana, drug paraphernalia for marijuana and Xanax in the vehicle. A 16-year-old New Albany girl and a 15-year-old Columbus girl were charged with underage consumption, possession of drug paraphernalia and drug possession.
* Officers at 11:30 a.m. Aug. 9 responded to a report that the gate to Safety Town, 99 W. Main St., was on the ground and damaged.
* A 21-year-old New Albany man was cited for drug abuse at 10:57 p.m. Aug. 9 after he was stopped for a traffic offense in the 7400 block of Fodor Road. Police found two bags of marijuana and a sheet of THC resin in the vehicle.
* A 33-year-old Groveport man was cited for OVI, drug paraphernalia and open container at 5:53 p.m. Aug. 8 when police were dispatched to U.S. Route 62 and East Dublin-Granville Road on a report that a truck driving erratically had struck a building. The man had a pipe with burnt residue and police found an open beer can and a sealed bottle of vodka in the vehicle.
* A New Albany woman at 8:30 p.m. Aug. 7 told police someone attempted to break into her vehicle and broke her door handle while she was in the first block of North High Street.
* A resident in the 6000 block of Joysmith Circle at 7:37 p.m. Aug. 7 told police someone spent $4,000 using her gift cards.
* A 20-year-old Johnstown man was cited for drug abuse and possession of a controlled substance after police were dispatched at 11:06 p.m. Aug. 5 to state Route 161 and U.S. Route 62 for a report of an intoxicated driver. Officers found nearly 9 grams of marijuana in the vehicle.
* A 40-year-old Grove City woman was cited for drug-paraphernalia possession after a traffic stop at 9:02 p.m. July 31 at state Route 161 and Beech Road. An officer found a plastic bag with "marijuana shake" and two glass bowls or pipes with marijuana residue.
* A 27-year-old New Philadelphia man was cited for illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia and OVI when police at 1:55 p.m. July 31 were dispatched to state Route 161 and U.S. Route 62 for a single-vehicle accident involving a motorcycle. A glass pipe with burnt residue was found on the bike.