Hilliard Division of Police officers arrested a 36-year-old man for theft and a 27-year-old woman for possession of drugs at 4:25 p.m. Aug. 16 at Cemetery Road and Trueman Boulevard.
An officer stopped the man's vehicle for a license-plate violation, said Lt. Ron Clark.
Police then determined the man and the woman were suspects in a theft at a nearby retail store, he said.
The man allegedly stole a generator from the store and the female passenger was in possession of drugs.
The woman also had a warrant for her arrest on drug-related charges from the Franklin County Sheriff's Office.
In other recent Hilliard police incident reports:
* Employees of a business in the 4400 block of Weaver Court North told police a trailer worth $8,000 was stolen between 11 p.m. Aug. 12 and 7 a.m. Aug. 14.
The trailer contained lawn equipment worth $37,000, which included two 60-inch riding mowers, a 52-inch walk-behind mower, a 36-inch walk-behind mower, backpack blowers, weed trimmers and cans of gasoline.
* Silver coins worth $3,840 were reported stolen between 5:30 a.m. Aug. 6 and 8:30 p.m. Aug. 11 from a residence in the 4300 block of Jennydawn Place.
* Prescription medication, debit cards and money were reported stolen between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. Aug. 10 from the 3300 block of Mill Run Drive. Property loss was reported at $160.
* Computer hardware and software and clothing were reported stolen between 1 and 7:25 a.m. Aug. 11 from a commercial vehicle in the 3900 block of Lyman Drive. Property loss was reported at $1,800.
* A 2003 Honda Accord worth $3,000 was reported stolen at 10:30 p.m. Aug. 12 in the 3500 block of Leap Road.
* A cellphone and its case, valued at $710, were reported stolen between 5 and 5:45 p.m. Aug. 13 from a vehicle in the 3900 block of Darby Park Road.
* Keys, a cellphone charger and a wallet containing gift cards, Social Security cards and a birth certificate were reported stolen between midnight and 9 a.m. Sept. 14 from a vehicle in the 3900 block of Parkside Court.
* An 18-year-old man was arrested for obstructing official business at 11:30 p.m. Aug. 12 in the 5500 block of Jennybrook Lane.
* A 25-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman were arrested for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at 4 p.m. Aug. 15 at Britton Parkway and Davidson Road.