An argument about the purchase of cigars at a business led to the arrest of a 23-year-old Columbus woman who was wanted on a warrant filed by Columbus police.
According to Pickerington Division of Police incident reports officers were called to the 1000 block of Hill Road North at 6:40 a.m. Aug. 15 on a report two women were arguing with a clerk about the purchase of cigars. The women were angry because the clerk refused to sell them cigars because she believe the identification showing the age of one of the women had been altered.
While investigating, officers learned the 23-year-old was wanted on a warrant that had been filed by Columbus police. The nature of the warrant was not listed in reports.
The woman was arrested and later released into the custody of a Columbus police officer.
In other recent Pickerington police incident reports:
* A 14-year-old Pickerington girl was bitten by a dog in the 700 block of Stewart Court at 10:38 a.m. Aug. 12.
Reports said the girl's wound was treated at an area hospital and a report about the incident was forwarded to the Franklin County Board of Health.
* A resident of the 100 block of Shannon Drive reported at 12:13 p.m. Aug. 12 someone had made several fraudulent charges on her debit card after she had visited a local business.
* Calling police to report his gun had been stolen from his vehicle resulted in a 25-year-old Pickerington man being arrested on an outstanding warrant.
The man called police at 1:25 p.m. Aug. 12 to report the theft from his vehicle that had been parked in the 1400 block of Refugee Road.
While filing the report, police discovered the man was wanted on a warrant filed in Pickerington. The nature of the warrant was not listed in reports. The man was arrested and later released on a recognizance bond.
* A man reported at 6:36 p.m. Aug. 13 someone had stolen his wallet after he left it on the counter at a business in the 1200 block of Hill Road North.
Reports said police obtained a video of the incident
* Officers were called at 2:22 p.m. Aug. 14 to the 900 block of Landsend Circle on a report of a burglary believed to have occurred sometime between July 5 and Aug. 14 at an unoccupied residence.
Several items were reported stolen from the residence and items that didn't belong at the residences were left inside it.
* Police were sent to a business on Hill Road South at 7:04 p.m. Aug. 14 on a report of two juveniles involved in a shoplifting incident.
When officers arrived, the boys were no longer at the business but they were located later on nearby railroad tracks.
Reports said a request for charges against the boys was forwarded to the Fairfield County Juvenile Prosecutor's Office.
* A 34-year-old Blacklick woman was issued a no-trespass order at a business in the 1000 block of Hill Road North at 2:53 p.m. Aug. 15.
Reports said the order was requested by the business' loss prevention personnel after the woman attempted to steal merchandise worth more than $300. Reports said the woman left the items in a cart and fled when she realized she was suspected of stealing.
* An amorous encounter led to a 38-year-old man and a 42-year-old woman being charged with criminal trespass at 5:32 p.m. Aug. 15 in the 500 block of North Center Street.
Officers were sent to the location on a report of a suspicious vehicle parked on the grass behind a van.
The reporting officer said the couple appeared to be engaged in a sexual activity.
They were given a date for a mandatory appearance in Pickerington Mayor's Court and released.
* A 31-year-old Pickerington man was arrested for persistent disorderly conduct by intoxication for fighting outside a business in the 10000 block of Blacklick-Eastern Road at 2:52 a.m. Aug. 17.
Reports said the man was taken to the Fairfield County jail.
* A 22-year-old Pickerington man was arrested for theft at 1:47 p.m. Aug. 17 at a business in the 100 block of Postage Drive.
The man was given a date for a mandatory appearance in Pickerington Mayors Court and released.
* A tire on a vehicle parked in the 100 block of Great Trail Circle reportedly was slashed at 10 a.m. Aug. 18. Reports said there was no additional damage to the vehicle.
* A 30-year-old Columbus man was taken to a hospital by a Violet Township Fire Department medic unit at 8:34 p.m. Aug. 18 after he was believed to have taken a drug overdose at a business in the 1700 block of Hill Road North.
Additional information about the man's medical condition was not listed on the report.
* Officers were dispatched at 11:33 p.m. Aug. 18 to a residence in the 400 block of Lorraine Boulevard on a report of an intoxicated 31-year-old Louisiana man who would not leave.
Reports said the man was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct by intoxication and taken to the Fairfield County jail to await a mandatory appearance in Fairfield County Municipal Court.