One of the original homes on First Avenue in the 1920s, the house at 1578 W. First Ave. was purchased by Mr. C.L "Whitey" Deyo in 1941.
He opened his business as Deyo Funeral Home and started a tradition of personal funeral service to the Tri-Village area.
In 1959, Deyo was joined by Ivan L. Davis and the partnership of Deyo-Davis Funeral Home was formed. Davis is one of the oldest active licensed funeral directors and embalmers in the state of Ohio.
After Deyo's death in 1964, Davis took over the service to the community with the name remaining the same. He later was joined by his son, Jeffery, who received his funeral director's license in 1980.
The home later was expanded and parking facilities added.
The property now is being sold, with plans for a residential condo complex to be built at the site.