Gahanna police recently received a report about an unidentified person who allegedly tried to lure an elementary school student to a vehicle.
A Goshen Lane Elementary School student told the school office someone in a van attempted to entice her to a vehicle at the corner of Hermitage Road and Wittenberg Street, according to a report received at 2:37 p.m. Sept. 20. She said the vehicle was a white work van with a ladder rack on top. The passenger rolled down a window and said, "Come here," according to reports.
The student ran back toward the school, reports said.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* A suspicious man was reported in the back corner of a church parking lot on North Stygler Road at 3:46 a.m. Sept. 20. Police made contact with the man, who said he's homeless and was looking for a safe place to sleep. He was advised to check with the church to receive permission to sleep in the lot, reports said.
A suspicious vehicle was reported in a church parking lot on North Stygler Road at 1:36 a.m. Sept. 19. A man was sleeping in the driver's seat, reports said. The man said he's homeless and living out of his car, according to reports.
* A Granville Street business received a counterfeit $100 bill, according to a report received at 5:24 p.m. Sept. 17.
* An identification badge and GPS device were stolen from a vehicle on Stephens Court, according to a report received at 12:30 p.m. Sept. 17.
* An officer found a woman sleeping in a vehicle on South Hamilton Road at 4:54 a.m. Sept. 17. She said she had no place to stay. She was given the number for the Columbus Coalition for the Homeless to help find a shelter, reports said.
* A man wearing a clown mask and who might have had a machete was reported as suspicious on Mistletoe Street at 7:55 p.m. Sept. 16. He was dressed in black and was running to Spires Avenue, reports said.
* Change and registration data were stolen from a vehicle on Deerwood Avenue East, according to a report received at 9:53 a.m. Sept. 16.
* A laptop computer was stolen from a vehicle on Baywood Place, according to a report received at 7:54 a.m. Sept. 16.
* Several vehicles on Canfield Drive were rummaged through but nothing was stolen, according to a report received at 7:36 a.m. Sept. 16.
* A vehicle on Lincolnshire Road was rummaged through and bolt cutters were left behind, according to a report received at 7:25 a.m. Sept. 16.
* Cellphones were reported stolen from a vehicle on Amesbury Drive, according to a report received at 7:18 a.m. Sept. 16.
* A vehicle was rummaged through on Imperial Drive, according to a report received at 3:10 a.m. Sept. 16. A dome light was on, reports said.
* High school students were reported for fighting with boxing gloves on Landover Place, according to a report received at 3:16 p.m. Sept. 15. About 30 youths said they were boxing for fun and not to hurt each other, according to reports.
* Vehicles were rummaged through and keys were stolen on Rocky Creek Drive, according to a report received at 7:04 a.m. Sept. 15.
* A company laptop computer was reported stolen from a vehicle on Ashford Glen Court, according to a report received at 5:59 p.m. Sept. 15.
* A Goshen Court resident said a neighbor saw a chair being stolen from his garage, according to a report received at 4:07 p.m. Sept. 15. A female took the chair, reports said.