Gahanna police recently received reports of residents hearing gunshots and explosions as a result of blown transformers.
A Ronson Avenue resident reported hearing a gunshot from the rear of the residence at 7:28 a.m. Sept. 26. Police advised it was most likely a transformer because power flickered in the area before coming back on, reports said.
A North Stygler Road resident heard a loud boom and saw a flash of light, according to a complaint received at 11:42 p.m. Sept. 24. The resident said a transformer blew and caught fire. The fire involved the transformer on top of the pole, and power was out for the whole area, reports said. The fire department was on the scene and American Electric Power was called.
A Carlin Court West resident reported he heard an explosion and his house shook, according to a complaint received at 8:39 a.m. Sept. 24. He said he looked at a transformer in the area, but it didn't appear to have damage, reports said. The resident asked police to check the area.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* A trail camera was reported stolen from the woods behind Tech Center Drive, according to a report received at 4:27 a.m. Sept. 27. The theft occurred between Sept. 17 and Sept. 25, reports said.
* A man who wasn't wearing pants or underwear was reported in the bathroom at a business on Agler Road at 5:33 p.m. Sept. 26. He was in the bathroom for about an hour, and he couldn't stand up straight and his eyes were closed, reports said. He left that business and stumbled toward another business. He was transported to Mount Carmel East, according to reports.
* A man walking around Creekside was reported as suspicious at 12:15 a.m. Sept. 26. A caller said a man was wandering around the area for hours. Police found him near the pond, where he told them he was just out walking, looking for change.
* Damage was reported to the playground at the preschool at Clark Hall, 380 Granville St., according to a report received at 8:39 a.m. Sept. 25.
* A purse and cellphone were reported stolen from a vehicle at a business on Morrison Road, according to a report received at 6:34 a.m. Sept. 25.
* A man allegedly threatened to destroy property at a business on Taylor Road, according to a complaint received at 8:41 a.m. Sept. 23.
* A vehicle at the Creekside garage, 137 Mill St., had been running for more than three hours on the first floor, according to a report received at 8:34 p.m. Sept. 22. A man said no one was with the vehicle when he first saw it and again when he exited the garage, reports said.
* An Arcaro Drive resident reported hearing 10 shots in the area of the pond southwest of her residence, according to a report received at 5 p.m. Sept. 22. She said it sounded like a BB gun, and she believed someone was shooting at ducks, reports said.
* Two computers were hacked at Gahanna Middle School East, 730 Clotts Road, according to a complaint received at 2:15 p.m. Sept. 22. A student who no longer attends Gahanna-Jefferson schools gained access, reports said.