A woman told Whitehall police she was robbed at 6:15 p.m. Oct. 4 at an uncertain location in Whitehall.
The woman, who gave her report at the Whitehall police station, said she had left her mother's residence in the 100 block of Woodcliff Drive on foot.
The woman told police she took a shortcut via Eastway Court, a street in the shuttered Commons at Royal Landing apartment complex.
The woman reported a man asked for a cigarette and after she complied, the man asked for her backpack.
The woman said "no" and the man pointed a switchblade knife at her and said, "Give me your (expletive) backpack now," according to reports.
The woman dropped the backpack and ran toward a nearby business, police said.
She said did not look back and does not know in what direction the man fled.
The backpack contained her children's Social Security cards and birth certificates along with "junk mail," she said.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police charged a 14-year-old boy with aggravated menacing, assault and disorderly conduct at 1:30 p.m. Oct. 2 at Whitehall-Yearling High School, 675 S. Yearling Road.
The school's resource officer, responding to a teacher's request for assistance, said the student refused to go to the office, replying, "Don't touch me ... I'm a Crip," while using profanity and a racial slur.
Prior to the officer's arrival, the student said to teachers, "I'll come back and shoot you -- I'm a Crip," according to reports.
As the officer attempted to remove the student, he fell to the ground, after which he was handcuffed, reports said.
The student attempted to pull the officer off his feet and kicked in his direction, police said.
According to reports, the student is a ward of Franklin County Children Services and enrolled in a program based in Whitehall, where he resides.
He was transported to a juvenile detention center.
* Burglaries were reported at 12:30 p.m. Oct. 5 at an apartment in the 400 block of South Hamilton Road; at 10:45 p.m. Oct. 7 in the 1000 block of Colgate Road; and at 2:10 a.m. Oct. 9 in the 100 block of Woodcliff Drive.
* Robberies were reported at 7:25 p.m. Oct. 4 in the 4500 block of East Broad Street; and at 8:15 a.m. Oct. 7 in the 5200 block of East Main Street.
* Thefts were reported at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 5 in the 500 block of Westphal Avenue; at 1:50 p.m. Oct. 6 in the 900 block of Karl Street; at 2:10 p.m. Oct. 6 in the 400 block of North Hamilton Road; at 4 p.m. Oct. 6 in the 500 block of Robinwood Avenue; at 5:25 p.m. Oct. 7 in the 300 block of South Hamilton Road; at 10:45 a.m. Oct. 8 in the 4800 block of Langley Avenue; and at 7:20 p.m. Oct. 10 in the 1000 block of Pierce Avenue.
* Assaults were reported at 5:40 p.m. Oct. 5 in the 800 block of Lizzie Lane; at 6:50 p.m. Oct. 8 in the 5000 block of Dimson Drive South; at 6:20 p.m. Oct. 10 in the 4900 block of Dimson Drive South; and at 3:15 a.m. Oct. 11 in the 4200 block of Rickenbacker Avenue.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 12:10 p.m. Oct. 6 in the 3800 block of East Broad Street; at 9:30 p.m. Oct. 6 in the 200 block of Little Flower Lane; and at 5:10 p.m. Oct. 11 in the 4500 block of East Broad Street.
* Property destruction was reported at 3:55 p.m. Oct. 4 in the 600 block of South Yearling Road; at 8:45 p.m. Oct. 8 in the 4300 block of East Mound Street; at 8:15 a.m. Oct. 10 in the 4200 block of Medway Drive; and at 11 a.m. Oct. 10 in the first block of Midcliff Drive.
* Police responded to a report of shots fired at 12:40 p.m. Oct. 6 in the 1000 block of Duke Road.