A Columbus man drove away from a traffic stop late last month, according to the New Albany Police Department.
The 24-year-old man was stopped by an officer for a traffic violation at 1:36 p.m. Oct. 27 at Johnstown Road and Forest Drive.
The officer stopped pursuing the man but he didn't get away -- police already knew his identity from the traffic stop and contacted him later, said officer Joe Rehnert.
The man turned himself in, Rehnert said.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 37-year-old Westerville man was cited for OVI after a traffic stop at 8:55 a.m. Oct. 30 at state Route 161 and Babbitt Road.
* A 26-year-old Reynoldsburg man was cited for open container and drug abuse after a vehicle stop at 3:48 p.m. Oct. 30 at East Dublin-Granville and Kitzmiller roads.
* A 19-year-old Rumson, New Jersey, man was cited for drug paraphernalia, drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a vehicle stop at 8:02 a.m. Oct. 29 at New Albany and New Albany-Condit roads.
* A resident of the 7000 block of Dean Farm Road told police at 11:46 a.m. Oct. 28 someone damaged 11 shingles on her roof.
* A diversion program was offered to four juveniles who were found to have drugs and paraphernalia in their vehicle after a traffic stop at 9:21 p.m. Oct. 27 at Greensward Road and Beecher Court.
* A Columbus woman at 11:15 p.m. Oct. 26 told police someone stole her vehicle from the 9000 block of Smith's Mill Road.
* A 19-year-old Bellville man was cited for drug paraphernalia after a vehicle stop at 9:09 p.m. Oct. 26 at New Albany and Central College roads.
* A resident at 5:26 p.m. Oct. 26 told police his identity had been used without his consent in the 7700 block of Leverett Park.
* Vandalism was reported at 7:41 a.m. Oct. 26 in the 9000 block of Smith's Mill Road.
* A Columbus woman told police at 2:15 p.m. Oct. 24 someone took her cellphone in the 9000 block of Smith's Mill Road.