Whitehall police arrested a 20-year-old Columbus man for failure to comply with police, resisting arrest, improper handling of a firearm and two counts of endangering children after responding to a report of a street fight at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 26 in the 4600 block of Kae Avenue.
The fight between two women stemmed from a dispute over marijuana pricing, according to reports.
As officers arrived on the scene, they reported seeing a car fleeing east on Kae Avenue.
Police pursued the driver, who fled east on Kae Avenue and south on Martha Lane.
The driver came to an abrupt stop at Langley Avenue to avoid a collision with another vehicle, allowing police to block the car.
Police approached the vehicle with weapons drawn and ordered the male driver out of the vehicle, reports said.
The man allegedly was combative with officers, who forcibly extracted him from the vehicle.
The man yelled he was a "Crip" and threatened to kill officers, according to reports.
Police searched the car and found a .380-caliber pistol in the console, with a round in the chamber and two in the magazine, reports said.
A 1-year-old girl and 1-month-old boy were in the vehicle, police said.
The man told police he and the children's mother went to the Kae Avenue residence to sell marijuana to a woman there.
A dispute arose between the potential buyer and the man's girlfriend concerning the price, reports said, with the buyer upset because the man no longer was offering a "Thanksgiving special," according to reports.
The man told police he left the scene, unaware police were pursuing him, as the women continued quarreling.
He added he thought his girlfriend "would be able to get a ride with someone else," reports said.
The man was wanted on two warrants from the Ohio State Highway Patrol for failure to appear in municipal court on original charges of OVI and possession of drugs, reports said.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* A 21-year-old man was arrested for robbery at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 24 at Walmart, 3657 E. Main St.
Surveillance video showed the man concealing a cellphone case and leaving the store, reports said. When two security guards confronted the man, he allegedly shoved them and attempted to run away.
The man had a loaded gun and a permit to carry, according to reports.
Police also arrested a 21-year-old man for robbery and assault after he allegedly attempted to steal a coffee maker from the store at 7:15 p.m. Nov. 27.
The man told police he is a heroin addict and planned to sell the coffee maker, reports said.
* Burglaries were reported at 7:15 a.m. Nov. 30 in the 5300 block of East Main Street; at 8:35 a.m. Nov. 30 in the 5100 block of East Main Street; at 6:55 a.m. Dec. 3 in the 200 block of Hyland Court; at 5:20 p.m. Dec. 4 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; at 7 a.m. Dec. 6 in the 700 block of Lamby Lane; and at 4:15 a.m. Dec. 8 in the 5300 block of Great Oak Way.
* Thefts were reported at 1:40 p.m. Nov. 29 in the 900 block of Ross Road; at 12:30 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 4800 block of Langley Avenue; at 7:25 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 700 block of Valerie Lane; at 4:45 p.m. Dec. 3 in the 100 block of Woodcliff Drive; at 10:45 a.m. Dec. 4 in the 600 block of Pierce Avenue; at 3:55 p.m. Dec. 4 in the 600 block of Westphal Avenue; and at 11:30 p.m. Dec. 4 in the 4000 block of Doney Street.
* Assaults were reported at 1:10 p.m. Nov. 29 in the 4200 block of Yearling Circle; at 12:25 a.m. Nov. 30 in the 4700 block of East Main Street; at 4:30 p.m. Nov. 30 in the 800 block of Pierce Avenue; at 5:10 p.m. Nov. 30 in the 3700 block of East Broad Street; at 2:15 p.m. Dec. 1 in the 400 block of Beechwood Road; and at 8:40 a.m. Dec. 2 in the 4800 block of Langley Avenue.
* Property destruction was reported at 2:55 p.m. Nov. 30 in the 4400 block of East Broad Street; at 9:20 p.m. Nov. 30 in the 700 block of Valerie Lane; at 10:50 a.m. Dec. 1 in the 4100 block of East Broad Street; at 3:35 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 300 block of North Hamilton Road; at 7:40 a.m. Dec. 5 in the 300 block of Robinwood Avenue; and at 2:35 p.m. Dec. 7 in the 4900 block of East Broad Street.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 10:05 a.m. Nov. 30 in the 4700 block of Shell Court South; at 9:15 a.m. Dec. 4 in the 400 block of South Hamilton Road; and at 9:50 a.m. Dec. 6 in the 400 block of Shell Court East.