An argumentative and intoxicated man blew it after Delaware police officers gave him a second chance to behave earlier this month.
Officers responded about 11:45 p.m. Jan. 12 to a report of an intoxicated man who allegedly was attempting to start a fight at a business in the 800 block of North Houk Road. Officers found the man and gave him a ride home along with a warning for disorderly conduct before releasing him into the custody of a sober person, according to police reports.
Officers responded around 15 minutes later to the 100 block of Miners Court after receiving a report that the same man would not stop arguing with family members. Police arrived and found the man was "still heavily intoxicated," reports said.
Police arrested the 31-year-old Delaware man on a charge of persistent disorderly conduct, a fourth-degree misdemeanor, according to reports.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* A man and a woman reported someone stole a check between 3 and 3:15 p.m. Jan. 11 from a residence in the 400 block of Timbersmith Drive. Investigators have identified a suspect in the case, according to police reports.
* A woman reported a theft occurred between noon Jan. 8 and 9 a.m. Jan. 15 at a residence in the 300 block of East Central Avenue. The woman told officers someone she knew stole her phone, which is valued at $400. The case remains open and under investigation, reports said.
* A woman reported a theft occurred between 1:30 and 2 p.m. Jan. 15 at an apartment in the 700 block of Liberty Road. Someone stole a laptop computer valued at $100 from the apartment, reports said.
* Officers responded shortly before 4:30 p.m. Jan. 15 to a report of a theft at a business in the 100 block of East Central Avenue. Someone stole beef jerky valued at $12 from the business, according to reports.
Police arrested a 46-year-old Columbus woman on a charge of theft, a first-degree misdemeanor, in relation to the incident, reports said.
* A woman reported a theft from a vehicle occurred between 3 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. Jan. 14 in the first block of Oakwood Drive. Someone broke into a car and stole $50 cash, according to police reports.
* An officer stopped a car shortly after 12:15 a.m. Jan. 10 near the intersection of East Central Avenue and East Winter Street and cited the driver for having an expired driver's license and fictitious license plates.
Officers arrested the passenger, a 26-year-old Columbus man, on a charge of disorderly conduct by intoxication, a fourth-degree misdemeanor, according to police reports.