The Tri-Village area saw its first newspaper, called the Northwest Community Paper, in June 1916.
It gave way to a monthly magazine-style publication called the Norwester, published from 1917-22.
After its demise, First Community Church began publishing the Community News from the basement of the Lincoln Road chapel.
The paper was sold to new owners, and in 1930 it became the Tri-Village News, with E.B. Taylor as publisher.
The following year, C.F. "Squire" Ricketts bought the paper and started production on West First Avenue in a building that later would be moved to become part of Stew Harrison's restaurant.
After a short time in offices in the Bank Block, the newspaper organized in 1949 as the Tri-Village Publishing Co. and constructed its own building across the street at 1302 Grandview Ave.
It stayed there until 1980, when it moved to Old Henderson Road to join several other area papers; in 1984, the operation was taken over by CM Media and became part of Suburban News Publications.
ThisWeek Tri-Village News now is a part of The Dispatch media group, a division of GateHouse Media Inc.
This photo of the Grandview building was taken in the 1950s before it was expanded several times. The news offices were destroyed by a fire in 1969, but the presses were functional and the paper continued to be delivered.