A burglary was reported at 2:25 a.m. Jan. 20 at a residence in the 5300 block of Dexter Avenue in Hilliard.
The Hilliard Division of Police said an intoxicated man went his girlfriend's home and forcibly entered.
While there, he retrieved a pistol and fired it into the unoccupied residence, said Hilliard Lt. Ron Clark.
The 34-year-old man was arrested and charged with burglary and using a weapon while intoxicated.
In other recent Hilliard police incident reports:
* A burglary was reported between 11 p.m. Jan. 15 and 3 a.m. Jan. 20 from a residence in the 5800 block of Walterway Drive.
A video-game console, video-game controllers and a generator were reported stolen. Property loss was reported at $730. The burglary occurred while the homeowners were on vacation.
The suspect was determined to be a family member and no charges were filed in the incident, Clark said.
* A burglary was reported between 10 p.m. Jan. 14 and 6 a.m. Jan. 15 from a residence in the 3400 block of Portrush Avenue.
A video-game console, a tennis racket, clothes and a shovel were reported stolen. Property loss was reported at $4,180.
The items were stolen from the garage of the residence.
* A 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer worth $5,000 was reported stolen between 12:10 and 1:15 p.m. Jan. 24 from the 4500 block of Cemetery Road.
* A wallet containing gift cards, a driver's license and money was reported stolen Jan. 18. The theft occurred between 6 p.m. Jan. 4 and noon Jan. 7 from the 5900 block of Woodsview Way. Property loss was reported at $265.
* A resident in the 4700 block of Tremont Club Drive told police $300 was stolen between 8 p.m. Jan. 17 and midnight Jan. 18.
* A 25-year-old man was arrested for failure to comply with the order of a police officer and eluding at 1:10 a.m. Jan. 18.
Officers responded to a report of a suspicious person looking into vehicles in the Britton Farms subdivision.
They attempted to stop the 25-year-old driver in the 4600 block of Carrington Way, Clark said, but he did not stop.
The officers followed the man in a "slow-speed pursuit" into Old Hilliard, where he stopped in the parking lot in the 4000 block of Main Street.
He was charged with failure to comply with the order of a police officer, a first-degree misdemeanor, and driving with a suspended license.
The man was also wanted on four warrants from the Delaware County Sheriff's Office: three felony warrants for robbery and a warrant for domestic violence.
* A 28-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at 5:10 p.m. Jan. 18 at Schirtzinger Road and Dayspring Drive.
* A 19-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse at 4:45 p.m. Jan. 19 in the 4600 block of Cemetery Road.
* A 40-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug-abuse instruments at 4 p.m. Jan. 20 in the 4100 block of Trueman Boulevard.
* A 21-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse and possession of marijuana at 4:55 a.m. Jan. 21 at Hilliard-Rome and Roberts roads.
* A 24-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse and possession of a controlled substance at 12:45 a.m. Jan. 22 at Leap Road and Kriggsby Boulevard.