Whitehall police arrested a 28-year-old Columbus man for robbery and an outstanding warrant at 3 p.m. Jan. 28 at Walmart, 3657 E. Main St.
Six officers responded to an officer-in-trouble call at the store to find an officer fighting with a theft suspect, according to reports.
Officers apprehended the man and impounded a bag that had been in his possession, reports said.
The bag contained property stolen from the store: underwear and a box of potato salad, together worth about $20, according to reports.
A Franklin County Sheriff's deputy working special duty reported a loss-prevention offer told him the suspect was observed stealing the merchandise.
The deputy confronted the suspect and a physical struggle ensued, according to reports.
Both men sustained visible injuries before Whitehall officers arrived and apprehended the suspect.
Whitehall medics treated the deputy and the suspect, according to reports.
The suspect was arrested for robbery and on a forgery warrant from the Franklin County Sheriff's Office.
He was transported to the Franklin County jail.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police responded at 9:20 p.m. Jan. 26 to a report of an assault in the 800 block of South Hamilton Road.
There, a teenage girl told police she had been assaulted and her property stolen.
According to reports, the girl's grandfather dropped her off at 6 p.m. at a residence in the 4400 block of Josephus Lane.
The girl told police she was in a group of other juveniles who were "hanging out" at an apartment, then went to a nearby restaurant.
While returning from the restaurant, several of the other girls reportedly began assaulting the victim while another recorded the incident on a cellphone.
The girls took the victim's bag, which contained clothes and a knife, according to reports.
The victim told police she had the knife "in case she ran into someone she had problems with" but did not expect to need it at the apartment.
The victim did not have visible injuries and police were not able to locate any of the other juveniles she described at the Josephus Lane apartment, reports said.
* A 32-year-old man was arrested for burglary at 1 a.m. Jan. 28 in the 900 block of Erickson Avenue.
Burglaries also were reported at 12:35 a.m. Jan. 26 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; at 4:20 p.m. Jan. 27 in the 4600 block of Faith Avenue; at 11:05 a.m. Jan. 30 in the 700 block of South Yearling Road; and at 5:10 p.m. Jan. 30 in the 3500 block of East Main Street.
* Thefts were reported at 3:10 p.m. Jan. 27 in the 4100 block of Ural Avenue; at 10:05 a.m. Jan. 29 in the 800 block of South Hamilton Road; at 1:30 p.m. Jan. 30 in the 500 block of South Yearling Road; and at 2:10 a.m. Jan. 31 in the 5300 block of Great Oak Way.
* A 52-year-old Columbus man was arrested at 12:15 a.m. Jan. 27 for OVI, weaving and possession of marijuana in the 4000 block of East Main Street.
* Police arrested a 25-year-old man for assault at 10:40 a.m. Jan. 30 in the 4600 block of East Main Street.
* Property destruction was reported at 11:05 p.m. Jan. 26 in the 800 block of Center Street; at 3:30 p.m. Jan. 27 in the 3600 block of East Main Street; at 4:50 a.m. Jan. 28 in the 4100 block of Elbern Avenue; and at 10 a.m. Jan. 28 in the first block of Midcliff Drive.