A man told Dublin police he received an email from someone demanding payment for not killing him.
According to Dublin Division of Police incident reports, a resident in the 100 block of South Riverview Street at 1:30 p.m. Jan. 23 told police he received an email from someone who claimed he had an order to kill him.
In the email, the sender said he had been studying the man for a while and demanded $2,800 in bitcoin in exchange for not killing him.
The incident was forwarded to the detective bureau. A similar incident also was reported Jan. 23 in the 5700 block of St. Anns Court.
In other recent Dublin police incident reports:
* Items were reported stolen from a business Jan. 26 in the 6300 block of Sawmill Road.
* A 39-year-old man was cited for having weapons while under disability Jan. 26 in the 6600 block of Sawmill Road.
* A 31-year-old woman was arrested Jan. 26 for the theft of items from a motor vehicle parked in the first block of West Bridge Street.
* A 23-year-old woman was cited for marijuana drug abuse Jan. 25 in the 5200 block of Rings Road.
* Constriction supplies worth $2,600 were reported stolen at 9:13 a.m. Jan. 24 from the 7600 block of Scioto Crossing Boulevard.
* A minor was charged with a curfew violation at 2:32 a.m. Jan. 24 in the 7100 block of Achill Drive.
* Computer hacking was reported at 5:49 p.m. Jan. 23 at a residence in the 6100 block of Craughwell Lane.
* A resident in the 4300 block of Yellow Wood Drive at 4:39 p.m. Jan. 23 told police someone stole a package valued at $200 off his porch.
* The theft of $35.94 in Blu-ray DVDs was reported at 4:10 p.m. Jan. 23 at a business in the 200 block of West Bridge Street.
* Vehicle parts worth $700 were reported stolen at 10:15 a.m. Jan. 22 from a vehicle in a parking lot in the 6700 block of Sawmill Road.
* A 19-year-old man was cited for marijuana drug abuse Jan. 22 in the 4100 block of Tuller Road. A 23-year-old man also was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia.
* A 35-year-old woman was cited for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Jan. 22 at Dublin Center and Banker drives.
* A 27-year-old man was cited for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Jan. 22 in the 5400 block of West Dublin-Granville Road.
* A total of $502 in property, including $200 in cash, a personal bag, credit cards and personal documents, was reported stolen at 10:44 a.m. Jan. 21 from a residence in the 200 block of Monterey Drive.
* A 44-year-old man was cited for marijuana drug abuse Jan. 21 in the 6700 block of Coffman Road.
* A 39-year-old man was cited for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Jan. 19 in the 4400 block of Brand Road.
* A 53-year-old woman was cited for animals or fowl running at large Jan. 19 in the 6800 block of Vineyard Haven Loop.
* A man was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia Jan. 19 in the 300 block of West Bridge Street.