Officers who stopped a motorist at Hill and Tussing roads at 10:17 p.m. Jan. 24 eventually arrested a 24-year-old man on numerous charges.
According to Pickerington Division of Police reports, a motorist was stopped for a potential violation, and as officers were questioning the man and searching his vehicle, they discovered he was a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. He was charged with possession of a firearm under disability and illegal possession of what is believed to be narcotics. Officers also learned the man was wanted on warrants filed by other law enforcement agencies.
Reports said he was taken to the Fairfield County jail and the other agencies were alerted that he had been apprehended.
In other recent Pickerington police incident reports:
* A 25-year-old man was arrested at 1:18 p.m. Jan. 20 on Canteridge Drive on outstanding warrants for improper handling of a firearm.
When the man was arrested officers found him in possession of two magazines loaded with .45 caliber rounds and a handgun in the trunk of his vehicle.
Reports said the man was later released into the custody of a Franklin County Sheriff's Office deputy because he was wanted on a warrant filed by that agency.
* At 1:04 p.m. Jan. 21, officers were alerted to a man attempting to break into an unoccupied apartment on Mockingbird Court.
When officers arrived, the man was gone, and they found a door that was believed to have been damaged in the break-in attempt.
* Officers investigated a report of two juvenile males refusing to leave a local business at 8:20 p.m. Jan. 21 on Hill Road South.
Reports said the officers discovered one of the juveniles had previously been issued a "no-trespass" order for the business and the other was warned by a court/probation officer not to go onto the property because of a prior theft committed there.
The first youth was issued a citation to appear in juvenile court to answer a charge of trespassing.
The report about the second youth was sent to the Fairfield County Juvenile Court for review of possible trespassing charges and any applicable probation violations.
* A 22-year-old Pickerington man was arrested on domestic violence charges at 2:04 a.m. Jan. 22 on Mockingbird Court after officers received a call reporting a disturbance at the address.
Reports said the man was taken to the Fairfield County jail to await arraignment.
* Officers are investigating a report that a student at a Pickerington school on Hill Road South made a threat via social media at 8:58 a.m. Jan. 22.
* A 34-year-old man was issued a citation for theft and given a date for a mandatory appearance in court after he was arrested for stealing merchandise from a business on Postage Drive at 3:10 p.m. Jan. 23.
* Officers investigated a report of three males entering an apartment through a window at 11:50 a.m. Jan. 25 on Mockingbird Court.
Reports said the officers determined one of the males had been staying with a resident of the apartment for the past few days.
The manager of the apartment complex requested all three of the males be issued "no-trespass" orders.
* A resident of Thoron Drive reported at 2:32 p.m. Jan. 26 that another male had pushed him. The incident is being investigated, according to reports.