A Delaware man faces a felony charge after a shooting earlier this month at an apartment on the city's west side.
Officers responded shortly after 2:15 a.m. Feb. 4 to a report that someone shot a woman at a residence in the 100 block of Lippazon Way.
Delaware police Capt. Adam Moore said officers arrived and found a woman with a shotgun wound to her chest. He said the shot did not hit any vital organs, and the woman, who was taken to a hospital in Columbus, is expected to recover.
Officers arrested the woman's boyfriend, Joseph M. Ruotolo, 21, of Lippazon Way on a charge of felonious assault, a second-degree felony, according to police reports.
Moore said investigators are working to determine a motive for the shooting. He said they believe alcohol was a factor.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* Officers responded about 5:15 p.m. Feb. 4 to a report of a stabbing at an apartment in the 100 block of Ross Street. Officers arrived and determined a man had been assaulted with a knife, according to police reports.
Moore said the man was transported to a Delaware hospital before being transferred to a medical facility in Columbus. He said the man is expected to recover.
Officers arrested Zachary J. Worthy, 23, of Ross Street at the scene on a charge of aggravated assault, a fourth-degree felony.
Moore said the assault followed an ongoing argument from earlier in the day among multiple parties about living arrangements at the apartment.
* Officers responded to a report of gunshots shortly after 12:45 a.m. Feb. 2 in the 100 block of South Franklin Street. Investigators discovered several blank pistol rounds in a nearby alley but did not identify any suspects in the incident, according to police reports.
* A man reported a burglary occurred between 3 p.m. Jan. 31 and 11 a.m. Feb. 1 at an apartment in the 100 block of North Washington Street. Someone entered the residence through a side window and stole a television valued at $800 and multiple video games, together worth $1,530, reports said.
* A woman reported someone stole her car between midnight and 9:30 a.m. Feb. 3 from a parking lot in the 100 block of East William Street. The vehicle was located a short time later parked in a nearby alley, according to police reports.
* A woman Jan. 30 reported gross sexual imposition involving two juvenile victims occurred between 6 p.m. Jan. 6 and 6 p.m. Jan. 8 at a city apartment. The case remains open and under investigation, reports said.