Whitehall police arrested a 21-year-old Columbus woman for robbery, a second-degree felony, at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 9 at a business in the 3900 block of East Broad Street.
The woman was wanted on warrants for failure to appear on multiple previous charges, including traffic violations and failure to use a child-restraint seat, according to reports.
Loss-prevention employees at the business told police the woman placed merchandise in a baby stroller and left the store.
When confronted, the woman reportedly assaulted one of the loss-prevention employees and ran away.
Police found the woman in the front yard of a residence in the 100 block of Robinwood Avenue, where she was arrested without further incident, reports said.
Officers recovered merchandise worth $248, according to reports.
The woman told police the men who stopped her did not announce who they were and she did not know they were loss-prevention employees. She said she "may have struck" one of them, according to reports.
The woman said after she realized they were store employees, she ran away because she was afraid of going to jail, reports said.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* A Xenia woman told police she was assaulted and robbed at 9:30 p.m. Feb. 8 outside a business in the 4400 block of East Main Street.
The victim told police she was riding in a car with two other women from an unknown location to Whitehall.
The victim said she met one of the women in a rehabilitation program in Reynoldsburg, but did not know the other woman.
The driver stopped in the parking lot of the Main Street business and she and the other woman walked to a nearby apartment, reports said. After returning, the two women reportedly assaulted the victim.
The victim told police she had argued with one of the women but would not give details. She said one of the women took her cellphone.
Police transported the victim to the police station, where she called for a ride, according to reports.
* Police arrested a 37-year-old man for OVI, possession of methamphetamine and cocaine, and possession of drug paraphernalia at 4:25 p.m. Feb. 8 at East Broad Street and Collingwood Avenue.
* A 50-year-old woman was arrested for assault at 12:15 a.m. Feb. 14 in the 4300 block of Amalia Place.
* Burglaries were reported at 2:20 p.m. Feb. 10 in the 100 block of Woodcliff Drive; at 8:50 p.m. Feb. 10 in the 5300 block of Great Oak Way; at 8:05 a.m. Feb. 12 in the 3900 block of East Main Street; and at 11:45 a.m. Feb. 12 in the 4600 block of Morris Avenue.
* Thefts were reported at 8:20 p.m. Feb. 7 in the 100 block of Robinwood Avenue; at 2:10 p.m. Feb. 10 in the 1000 block of Erickson Avenue; at 4:55 p.m. Feb. 11 in the 900 block of Rose Place; at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 12 in the 3900 block of East Broad Street; and at 2:55 p.m. Feb. 13 in the 4300 block of East Broad Street.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 11:15 a.m. Feb. 7 in the 600 block of Beechwood Road; and at 7:25 a.m. Feb. 15 in the first block of Parklawn Boulevard.
* Property destruction was reported at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 8 at South Hamilton and Etna roads; at 9:35 a.m. Feb. 9 in the 100 block of Collingwood Avenue; at 1:45 p.m. Feb. 11 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; and at 8:55 a.m. Feb. 14 in the 800 block of South Hamilton Road.
* Police responded to a report of shots fired at 12:15 a.m. Feb. 13 at East Broad Street and Midcliff Drive.