Hilliard Division of Police officers arrested a 30-year-old man for robbery, a third-degree felony, after he allegedly passed a U.S Bank teller a threatening note at 12:30 p.m. Feb. 14 inside Kroger, 4656 Cemetery Road.
The man was identified as Idriys Maalik ul Mulk. He has no permanent address, Hilliard police said.
Maalik ul Mulk ran away with an undisclosed amount of money but was apprehended outside the store, police said.
Based on a description, Lt. Doug Lightfoot and officer Mike Deaton saw Maalik ul Mulk running behind the store and apprehended him near the United Dairy Farmers service station across the street, said Andrea Litchfield, a police spokeswoman.
"We were right on it," Lt. Ron Clark said.
In other recent Hilliard police incident reports:
* Officers are investigating an incident of pandering obscenity that was reported Feb. 13 at Hilliard Memorial Middle School, 5600 Scioto Darby Road.
As of Feb. 20, no charges had been filed.
The incident involves juvenile students sending inappropriate text messages, Clark said.
* Two 16-year-old boys were charged with disorderly conduct after they were involved in a fight at 8 a.m. Feb. 8 at Hilliard Bradley High School, 2800 Walker Road.
* A 27-year-old man and 26-year-old man were arrested for breaking and entering and criminal damaging at 11:30 p.m. Feb. 7 in the 4200 block of Lyman Court.
* A 28-year-old man was arrested for having weapons under disability at 10:15 p.m. Feb. 8 in the 3600 block of Westbrook Drive. Officers found a gun in the man's car during a traffic stop. Police said he was a convicted felon and cannot lawfully possess a firearm.
* A 20-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse at 3:30 p.m. Feb. 10 on the 4900 block of Princess Diana Court.
* A 56-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at 9:30 p.m. Feb. 10 at Cemetery Road and Interstate 270 South.
* A 21-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse and possession of a controlled substance at 10:15 p.m. Feb. 10 at Lyman Drive and David Meeks Way.
* A 19-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse and possession of a controlled substance at 11:50 p.m. Feb. 10 on the 6200 block of Clover Place.
* A 25-year-old man was arrested for felony drug abuse at 3 a.m. Feb. 12 at Cemetery Road and Britton Parkway.
* A 34-year-old woman was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse at 2:20 p.m. Feb. 13 at Cemetery Road and Lyman Drive.
* A 21-year-old woman was arrested for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at 3:45 a.m. Feb. 14 at Luther Lane and Elwood Drive.
* A woman told police Feb. 8 that credit cards, cosmetics and tickets were stolen at noon Feb. 5 from the 3300 block of Mill Run Drive. Property loss was reported at $100.
* A sweatshirt worth $75 was reported stolen at 6 p.m. Feb. 8 from the 3500 block of Woodland Drive.
* A purse containing a wallet, money, credit cards, debit cards and a driver's license was reported stolen at 7:35 a.m. Feb. 9 from a vehicle parked on the 4900 block of Scioto Darby Road. Property loss was reported at $530.
* A purse containing a wallet, money, debit cards, a driver's license, a cellphone and a folding knife was reported stolen between 7:15 and 7:30 a.m. Feb. 9 from a vehicle parked on the 4500 block of Cemetery Road.
* A 2006 vehicle worth $3,500 was reported stolen between 8 p.m. Feb. 10 and 9 a.m. Feb. 11 from the 6300 block of Deerglen Drive.
* A cellphone charger and USB cord worth $30 were reported stolen between 6 p.m. Feb. 10 and 11 a.m. Feb. 11 from a vehicle parked on the 4800 block of Lady Jane Way.
* Electronic devices worth $79 were reported stolen between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. Feb. 11 from the 4700 block of Tremont Club Drive.