A boy told Columbus police he was assaulted at 3:48 p.m. Feb. 27 at the Whetstone branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library, 3909 N. High St., and officers looking into the complaint said the suspect nearly assaulted a second person.
The boy said the suspect pushed him "for no apparent reason," according to the responding officer.
Officers spoke with the boy and his mother to get a description of the suspect, then observed the alleged assault on security video.
The video reportedly shows the suspect lunging at another person, but missing, as he leaves the library.
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* A $1,500 car parked with the keys inside was reported stolen at 2:45 a.m. March 1 from the 2900 block of Indianola Avenue. The victim said the car was taken between 1 and 1:05 a.m. that day.
* A representative of a business in the 3700 block of Indianola Avenue said someone shoplifted a $640 chain saw at 11:52 a.m. March 1.
* A man reported at 8:08 p.m. Feb. 28 that his car, which had been parked in the first block of Olentangy Street, was broken into and his passport, Social Security card and an overseas identification card had been stolen. The break-in took place after 11:50 p.m. Jan. 15, the victim told the responding officer.
* A representative of a business in Hilliard said $500 in cash and a checkbook were stolen at 2:13 p.m. Feb. 27 from a delivery vehicle that was parked in the 4900 block of North High Street.
* A woman said she discovered the door on her vehicle open when she left her home in the 500 block of Wetmore Road at 11:18 a.m. Feb. 26. The victim said her checkbook and some CDs had been removed after 2:30 a.m.
* A resident of the first block of Northridge Road contacted officers at 3:25 p.m. Feb. 26 to report he had been the victim of identity theft. The man said he was contacted by a wireless company regarding the use of his personal information between Nov. 28 and Dec. 31.
* A company fuel card and keys to a company vehicle were reported stolen at 8:33 a.m. Feb. 26. The items were removed between midnight and 6 a.m. while the vehicle was parked in the 500 block of Wetmore Road, reports said.
* A man told police at 10:27 a.m. Feb. 25 that he had been the victim of a theft in May 2017 and also late the previous evening or earlier that morning. The victim told the responding officer that between May 15 and 31, another man with whom he was going to share a residence was helping him move out of his home in the 400 block of Midgard Road. In the process, and again on either Feb. 24 or 25, the victim said the other man either stole or took without permission a $2,250 trumpet, $250 in miscellaneous clothing, custom artwork valued at $500 and a $50 mirror.
* A woman who lives in the 300 block of Garden Road said she received a call on her cellphone at 2:54 a.m. Feb. 25 from someone with whom she had had an argument. The caller stated that he was going to come over with his shotgun, according to reports.