No charges are expected against a driver who reportedly swerved a vehicle toward a 45-year-old man at 8:30 p.m. Feb. 27 in the parking lot of Hilliard Davidson High School, 5100 Davidson Road, according to the Hilliard Division of Police.
The man, an off-duty police officer from another agency, witnessed the "school-aged" driver operating a car in a reckless manner and attempted to contact the driver, Hilliard Lt. Ron Clark said. The off-duty officer said the driver veered toward him and drove away.
According to police, the off-duty officer said he was satisfied with how the parent of the driver responded to the incident.
Clark said he did not know whether the driver was a student.
In other recent Hilliard police incident reports:
* A 30-year-old man was arrested for felonious assault, a second-degree felony, at 1 a.m. Feb. 24 on Wyandot Place after he reportedly threatened a 29-year-old woman with a knife.
Officers responded to a domestic disturbance at the residence and reported Michael E. Weaver threatened the woman with a knife and that she sustained "a minor injury" from the knife during the incident, Clark said
She refused medical treatment, he said.
Weaver was arraigned Feb. 26, posted bond and is scheduled for a preliminary hearing Thursday, March 8, in Franklin County Municipal Court.
* A 43-year-old man was arrested for burglary at 8:15 p.m. Feb. 25 at a residence on Lacon Road.
The man, the ex-husband of a resident, entered without permission, police said.
* A 51-year-old woman was arrested for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at 1:10 a.m. Feb. 23 at Scioto Darby Road and Bradford Drive.
* A 19-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at 11:30 p.m. Feb. 23 in the 3700 block of Scioto Run Boulevard.
* A 53-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug-abuse instruments at 4 p.m. Feb. 24 at Cemetery Road and Interstate 270.
* A 44-year-old woman was arrested for felony possession of drugs at 2:50 a.m. Feb. 25 in the 4500 block of Schirtzinger Road.
* A 37-year-old man was arrested for felony drug abuse at 7:15 p.m. Feb. 25 in the 4600 block of Cemetery Road.
* A 20-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse and possession of a controlled substance at 12:05 a.m. Feb. 26 at Hilliard-Rome Road and Gillette Avenue.
* A 45-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse and possession of a controlled substance at 9:15 p.m. Feb. 26 at Cemetery Road and Brown Park Drive.
* An 18-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse and possession of a controlled substance at 12:05 a.m. Feb. 27 in the 3900 block of Parkside Court.
* A 47-year-old man was arrested for felony drug abuse at 3:05 p.m. Feb. 27 in the 4600 block of Point Pleasant Drive.
* A 20-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor drug abuse and possession of a controlled substance at 10:55 a.m. Feb. 28 at Davidson Road and Stonehill Street.