As we are all dealing with the snow and cold, we find ourselves looking forward to spring.
Based on the calendar, it will be here soon. We look forward to the warmer weather and new growth. Spring offers the opportunity for new growth at SCOR as well and we have many options to choose from.
If you are considering learning a new craft, we have many available. One is an open-format class where individuals work on in-progress projects which include fused glass, wire and stained glass.
We have wire-wrapping, fused glass and watercolor classes as well. A card-crafting class is offered twice a month. A quilting class is offered twice a month -- this is a lecture-discussion class that includes demonstrations of a variety of techniques.
Interested in needlework? Our Hooks & Needles group includes members who crochet, knit, do needlepoint and cross stitch.
Feeling crafty? We have a craft class with a new project each month. Jewelry-making also is offered periodically.
Been thinking about woodcarving? Come in and learn to carve with our many talented artists.
As you can see, we are a very busy and talented group! If you are interested in any of these learning experiences, please call the office at 614-866-5890 for details.
Here's what is happening this month.
* Friday, March 23: Food and Flicks. Come join the group at 11 a.m. to head out to a local theater to catch a movie and then lunch on your own.
* Saturday, March 24: Breakfast with the Easter Bunny from 9-11a.m. Call the Reynoldsburg Parks and Recreation Department to sign up 614-322-6806.
* Tuesday, April 3: CPR First-Aid Class from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you are interested in getting your CPR certification, this is your opportunity. Dress comfortably, bring snacks and a water bottle. There will be a lunch break and time to practice your skills. The fee for the class is $30. Sign up in the office prior to class.
* Thursday, April 5: The Wesley Woods lunch and tour will begin at 10:30 a.m. Contact the office for details.
* Thursday, April 12: We will travel to LaComedia to see a production of "The Color Purple." The bus will leave the center at 8:30 a.m. The cost is $42 per person. Check with the office for availability.
* Friday, April 13: Coffee Shop Hop. We leave at 9 a.m. to try out a new coffee establishment. Your selections are on your own.
Debbie Mullarkey is a Reynoldsburg resident, a retired teacher and a longtime member of the Senior Citizens of Reynoldsburg.