Whitehall police arrested a 27-year-old Columbus man for robbery, a third-degree felony, at 12:30 p.m. March 8 at Walmart, 3657 E. Main St.
Two officers were dispatched on a report of a man who allegedly had fought with a loss-prevention officer at the store.
The loss-prevention officer reported the man concealed women's clothing and jewelry in a purse that he was carrying, then "bum-rushed" him. The two men reportedly struggled until the loss-prevention officer detained the man in an office.
Reports said the man became belligerent and swore at police officers when they arrived.
Because of his behavior, police transported the man directly to the Franklin County jail instead of the Whitehall police station, according to reports.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Burglaries were reported at 9:40 p.m. March 7 in the first block of Collingwood Avenue; at 8:40 p.m. March 8 in the 5100 block of Doral Avenue; at 7:10 a.m. March 10 in the 400 block of North Hamilton Road; at 1:45 p.m. March 12 in the 4000 block of Abbey Court; and at 9:45 a.m. March 13 in the 100 block of North Hamilton Road.
* Thefts were reported at 10:30 p.m. March 8 in the 4600 block of Morris Avenue; at 10:40 a.m. March 11 in the 3600 block of East Main Street; and at 4:50 a.m. March 13 in the 600 block of Westphal Avenue.
* A vehicle was reported stolen at 8:45 a.m. March 11 in the 800 block of Center Street.
* Property destruction was reported at 3:30 p.m. March 8 in the 600 block of Westphal Avenue; at 9 a.m. March 10 in the 5100 block of East Main Street; at 5:15 p.m. March 11 and at 7:35 a.m. March 12 in the 500 block of Country Club Road; and at 2:20 p.m. March 12 in the 5300 block of Great Oak Drive.
* Police responded to reports of shots fired at 11:40 p.m. March 7 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; at 1:45 a.m. March 9 in the 3600 block of East Main Street; and at 11:20 p.m. March 13 at East Broad Street and Maplewood Avenue.