Gahanna police recently responded to reports of a wild turkey on the loose.
A vehicle struck a turkey near Gahanna City Hall, 200 S. Hamilton Road, according to a complaint received at 6:40 p.m. March 19. The bird was located and flew toward Kroger, where someone from the store advised police the bird was chasing people in the parking lot, according to reports. The Ohio Department of Natural Resources eventually took custody of the bird, reports said.
Police were advised at 8:13 a.m. March 20 that a turkey had gone back into the woods behind the Gahanna branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library. Police called the Ohio Division of Wildlife and had to leave a message, reports stated.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* A Dark Star Avenue resident reported her dog was possibly stolen earlier in the day from her front porch, according to a report received at 6:33 p.m. March 21.
* A resident was confronted about a car parked in a handicap-accessible spot on North Hamilton Road, according to a report received at 11:19 a.m. March 15. The caller was upset that she was called a liar, reports stated. She was given a manager's name and number to address her concerns, reports said.
* Two students from Jefferson Elementary School, 136 Carpenter Road, were in altercations on the afternoons of March 14 and 15 on the walk home after school, according to a report received at 7:58 a.m. March 16.
* Two suspicious persons were trying to open doors and looking into cars on Mill Street, according to a report received at 9:15 a.m. March 16. A business had a video, according to reports.
* A vehicle was scratched overnight in the parking lot at Middle School West, 350 N. Stygler Road, according to a report received at 10:27 a.m. March 16.
* A case of beer was reported stolen from a business on South Hamilton Road, according to a report received at 11:35 a.m. March 16.
* Wallets were reported stolen after a customer allegedly went into a back room and went through the purses of two employees at a Cherry Bottom Road business, according to a report received at 12:27 p.m. March 16.
* Camping items were left at Friendship Park, 150 Oklahoma Ave., according to a complaint received at 12:49 p.m. March 16. Items such as sheets and clothing were left on a picnic table near the restrooms, reports stated. A request for extra patrol was made, reports said.
* Someone stuffed a bag of pine needles under a tree and set it on fire at a Landover Place residence, according to a report received at 1:09 p.m. March 18. It happened about a day or two earlier and the resident wanted to report it.
* Jewelry was stolen from a Line Way residence, according to a report received at 10:13 a.m. March 19.
* A group of Middle School West students were fighting at Coronation Avenue and Haymarket Place, according to a report received at 3:42 p.m. March 19. Police spoke to students who said they were "play fighting," according to reports. The school administration is aware and will handle it internally, reports said.