A burglar stole $10,000 worth of jewelry and electronics between 11:30 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. March 28 from a residence in the 300 block of East Stewart Avenue.
Among the items stolen were an $8,000 diamond necklace, $1,000 cellphone and $1,000 worth of additional jewelry.
The burglar also caused $500 of damage to the front door of the residence, according to Columbus Division of Police incident reports.
In other recent incident reports from the area:
* At 8 a.m. March 20 in the 700 block of Jaeger Street, a man noticed that when he started driving down the street his car felt unsteady.
When he stopped and checked his wheels, he noticed that four of five lug nuts had been removed from every wheel of his car.
No other damage to the vehicle was reported.
* A $1,300 computer, $200 bookbag and $100 ball glove were stolen at 10:40 p.m. March 26 from a vehicle parked in the 500 block of South High Street.
The thief also caused $150 damage to the vehicle.
* At 3:40 a.m. March 23, someone broke a basement window, causing $50 in damage, and entered a house in the 1100 block of Blackberry Alley. The intruder then stole a $500 gaming console, $250 sound device, $40 cash, a $100 gift card and personal checks.
* A burglar stole $3,100 merchandise at 6:03 a.m. March 23 from a residence in the 200 block of Thurman Avenue.
Property included two TV sets -- one valued at $1,500 and the other at $400 -- and two gaming consoles, each worth $600.
The thief also caused $200 damage to a kitchen window.
* A man was assaulted at 5:30 a.m. March 28 at the intersection of City Park and East Stewart avenues.
An anonymous witness called police and said suspects assaulted the victim and then left in a dark-colored Chevrolet Impala, manufacturing date unknown.
Police made contact with the victim, who was just waking from being unconscious, reports said. He was taken to Grant Hospital in stable condition, reports said.