A 42-year-old man said he was attacked without provocation at a gas station in the 2100 block of West Henderson Road at 10:30 p.m. March 28.

In a Columbus Division of Police incident report filed at 1:15 p.m. March 29, the victim said a man struck him with a closed fist "and possibly an unknown weapon."

The attack, according to the responding officer, was captured on video surveillance and management representatives of the business were working to identify the suspect.

"Reporting person's right eye, left shoulder and the left side of his ribs were injured," the officer noted.

"Surveillance video showed the suspect strike the reporting person in an unprovoked assault. Reporting person told that the suspect never said a word."

In other incident reports from northwest Columbus:

* Video surveillance showed a suspect driving into an apartment complex in the 5400 block of Maddens Point Lane at 12:40 a.m. March 28.

The driver was then observed breaking the handles on locks on several garage doors.

A representative for the complex told an officer at 1:49 p.m. March 28 that tenants were being contacted to determine if anything had been taken from the garages.

* A 27-year-old man who lives in the 6400 of Reflection Drive contacted police at 12:01 p.m. March 28 to report he was threatened two days earlier.

The victim said that at 2 a.m. March 26 someone banged on his door and said, "You better not be snitching."

* The manager of a business in the 1900 block of Hard Road filed an embezzlement complaint at 6:15 p.m. March 26.

In the report, the manager accused a former employee of taking $171.35 of the store's money at 5 p.m. March 4.

"The reporting person stated that the listed suspect used to work at the business as an assistant manager, and among other responsibilities, the suspect was responsible for making bank deposits," according to the report.

* Damage was estimated at $400 after a suspect broke the glass door of a perfume display case at a store in the 4500 block of Kenny Road at 5:33 p.m. March 27.

The store employee filing the report said this was the fourth time the same individual had "hit their store."

The incident was captured on video, according to the responding officer.