Gahanna visitors and residents have a chance for another round on the Herbal Cocktail Trail.
Visit Gahanna's Herbal Cocktail Trail returned April 10 for what is being called the 2.0 version, with new herb-infused drinks meant to inspire more happy hours, date nights and friends' gatherings.
Born from Gahanna's status as the Herb Capital of Ohio, Visit Gahanna launched the Herbal Cocktail Trail in 2017, making it the first themed-cocktail trail in the state, said Mary Szymkowiak, Visit Gahanna's communications and tourism manager.
Gahanna's herbal roots again have been tapped by enlisting nine of the city's signature eateries, distilleries and bars to create cocktails for the Herbal Cocktail Trail program. These specialty cocktails are available through December.
"Returning partners on the trail really stepped up their game in crafting new cocktails, and we are thrilled to be welcoming several new partners who are looking forward to showing off their creativity," said Laurie Jadwin, Visit Gahanna executive director.
Sara Baker, general manager of 101 Beer Kitchen, said it's great partnering again with Visit Gahanna, to participate in the Herbal Cocktail Trail.
"We do everything in-house," she said. "We utilize a lot of herbs. It was fun coming up with a cocktail. We change our season's cocktail menu."
101 Beer Kitchen, 397 Stoneridge Lane, is offering the Herb Trail Trilogy as its 2018 signature drink.
Ingredients include Sobieski Cytron, PAMA, fresh lemon juice and strawberry-herb simple syrup, topped with champagne. It's served over ice with lemon peel and basil.
"We did change our feature to encourage the people who did it last year to do it again, since it will be a different cocktail," Baker said.
"Assistant manager Tyler Richardson loves to create cocktails, so we put him in charge. He played with a few recipes and ended up with the one we have. It's yummy," she said.
Baker said a lot of people came through last year who didn't know about the Cocktail Trail, then they saw the passports and would ask about it.
"We had friends and different groups of five or six people coming at a time, making a day of it," she said.
Passports are available at any partner business and at the Gahanna Visitor Center, 167 Mill St.
Trail participants will receive a sticker in their passport for each signature herbal cocktail that is purchased at the partner businesses.
Once trail participants receive six stamps at any one or more of the libation stations, they can bring their passports to the Gahanna Visitor Center between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and redeem them for a branded cocktail glass.
In addition, participants can vote on their favorite herbal cocktail when they redeem their passports.
Those who vote will be entered into a drawing for a Gahanna Getaway Package that will include gift cards to signature Gahanna restaurants and an overnight hotel stay.
Other 2018 partner businesses and their specialty cocktails include:
* Arepazo Tapas & Wine, 93 N. High St., Blackberry Mint Margarita. Ingredients: Fresh blackberries and mint muddled with house tequila, Triple Sec, agave nectar, fresh lime and lemon juice. Served with a salted rim.
* Barrel & Boar Creekside, 121 Mill St., Basil Watermelon Cooler. Ingredients: Tito's Handmade Vodka, fresh watermelon juice, simple syrup, fresh lime juice, topped with ginger beer and garnished with home grown basil.
* Barry's Pub, The Golf Depot, 789 Science Blvd., Cilantro Infused Bloody Maria. Ingredients: Cilantro bloody Mary mix, Gold Tequila, garnished with a salt-and- chili-pepper rim, cucumber, pickled jalapenos and a cube of queso fresco.
* Kindred Brewing, 505 Morrison Road, Two Timing Tommy. Ingredients: Rosemary-infused watershed gin, lavender simple syrup and lemon juice.
* Old Bag of Nails, 63 Mill St., Cucumber Mint Fizz. Ingredients: Infused Effin Cucumber vodka with mint.
* Pigskin Brewing Company, 81 Mill St., Suite 350, Lavender and Lemon Whiskey Smash using OYO bourbon whiskey.
* Signatures, 94 Mill St., Karate Cowboy Ginger Sweet Tea. Ingredients: Ginger Mint Karate Cowboy, simple syrup, lemon and unsweetened iced tea.
* Wyandotte Winery, 4640 Wyandotte Drive, Blueberry Lemon Verbena Shrub. Ingredients: Wyandotte's unoaked Chardonnay (featuring lemon verbena from France).
The signature cocktails are subject to change at the discretion of the partner business.
To learn more, go to Visit www.Gahanna.com or call 614-418-9114.