A juvenile and an 18-year-old man said they were robbed at 10:06 p.m. April 11 in the 2200 block of East Dublin-Granville Road.
The victims said they met a man at that location to sell him two cellphones, one worth $600 and the other worth $300. But instead of making the purchase, he pushed the older victim to the ground, making off with both phones and $260 in cash. The juvenile said the robber ran to a vehicle driven by a second person and they fled.
In other Northland-area police reports:
* The manager of an establishment in the 4600 block of Morse Centre Drive called officers at 6:53 p.m. April 12 regarding what she described as a patron who was causing trouble. "The caller stated that the suspect has caused problems in their establishment in the past and was causing more issues before she called," according to the responding officer. "The caller stated that they asked the suspect to leave but he refused." The suspect was issued a no-trespass warning to stay away from the business.
* A 32-year-old man was charged with voyeurism at 7:14 p.m. April 11 after allegedly taking photographs with his cellphone under stalls in the women's restroom at a business in the 2600 block of Northland Plaza Drive.
* A 40-year-old woman reported at 5 p.m. April 11 that someone had broken into the apartment of her deceased daughter in the 4600 block of Stonecastle Drive. The woman said the break-in took place after 9 a.m. April 3. Two televisions, one valued at $350 and the other worth $300, were stolen along with a $25 DVD player.
* A 21-year-old man contacted police at 9 a.m. April 11 to say someone had stolen his cellphone from a classroom in the 1900 block of Northcliff Drive. The man said the theft took place between 8:30 and 10 a.m. April 9. He said the cellphone, valued at $400, had a case which contained his debit card, and that the card had been used at several locations to make purchases totaling between $80 and $90.
* A Good Samaritan reportedly got the worst of it when three strangers allegedly attacked a 19-year-old man in the 4600 block of Tamarack Boulevard at 5:45 p.m. April 9, but officers were unable to locate him. "The victim stated that he was smoking by an exit door and the suspects approached him and each one punched him numerous times," according to the report. An unknown male came to his defense, the police report said, but he, too, was attacked. "The victim stated that the other unknown victim appeared to have received injuries to his face but officers were unable to locate him,"police reports said.
* A 28-year-old man said a person he knows threatened to shoot him at 7:40 p.m. April 8 in the 1400 block of Hempwood Drive.
* A woman who lives in the 5300 block of Poplarwood Drive contacted police at 3:30 p.m. April 5 after receiving a call from someone claiming to be with the Internal Revenue Service. The 53-year-old woman said the caller threatened to arrest in her two hours, claiming she owed the IRS $4,986.