Whitehall police reported a senior citizen was accosted at gunpoint outside his Shell Court West residence April 20, forced back inside and restrained using zip ties.
The resident told police he went outside to get his mail at 7 p.m. April 20 when a man pointed a gun to his head and forced him back inside his home.
The man's wife was inside, reports said.
The gunman reportedly zip-tied the man's hands behind his back and placed him on the floor; his wife, after coming downstairs, was ordered to lie on the floor, police said.
A second man then entered the apartment, police said.
The gunman allegedly placed the pistol in the victim's mouth and demanded the location of money.
Both suspects asked if the man was "Thomas' father," but both victims told police they did not know anyone named Thomas.
The woman told police the suspects, after searching the house, took $1,500 in cash from a purse in the living room as well as $9,500 in cash and jewelry worth $8,000 from a bedroom.
The men also took a cellphone and keys to a vehicle, but the car was left in its parking space, reports said.
The men were in the residence from about 7 to 8:15 p.m., according to reports.
The woman told police she did not believe the men were aware of the money and jewelry inside the residence.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* A Columbus woman told police a known man assaulted her at 11:50 p.m. April 20 at a residence in the 3900 block of Andrus Court East.
Police issued a warrant for the 20-year-old man on a misdemeanor charge of assault and criminal damaging.
Police met the victim at police headquarters on South Yearling Road, where the woman recounted the incident.
The woman told police she and her ex-boyfriend were at her grandparents' residence when other family members arrived. Eventually, the suspect asked the victim to drive him to his Andrus Court East residence because his sister needed him to come home.
The woman said the man asked "to discuss their relationship" and she agreed to go inside.
During their conversation, the woman reportedly received a call from a male co-worker.
The man reportedly shoved the woman, threw her car keys and cellphone, then slammed her onto the hood of her vehicle, demanding to know the identity of the caller, according to reports.
The man damaged the woman's car before she fled to her parents' house, then went to the police station to report the assault, reports said.
Police obtained the suspect's cellphone number and told a person who answered the man needed to contact police and that an arrest warrant would be issued.
At 3 a.m. April 25, police found a vehicle at a hotel in the 4400 block of East Main Street that matched the suspect's and arrested the 20-year-old man along with his mother, who was wanted outstanding warrants.
* Thefts were reported at 3:30 p.m. April 20 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; at 11:10 a.m. April 22 in the 500 block of Virginia Circle West; at 3:30 p.m. April 22 in the 3900 block of East Broad Street; at 11:15 a.m. April 23 in the 100 block of Woodcliff Drive; at 8:35 a.m. April 24 in the 600 block of Robinwood Avenue; and at 9:35 a.m. April 24 in the 100 block of North Hamilton Road.
* Burglaries were reported at 7:30 p.m. April 19 in the 400 block of South Yearling Road; at 9:30 p.m. April 19 in the 4200 block of Beechlawn Road; at 9:15 p.m. April 20 in the 700 block of Robinwood Avenue; at 6:10 a.m. April 24 in the 5200 block of East Main Street; and at 12:45 p.m. April 24 in the 3500 block of East Main Street.
* Assaults were reported at 8:25 p.m. April 21 in the first block of Woodcliff Drive; and at 8 p.m. April 22 and 1:35 p.m. April 23 in the 600 block of Maplewood Avenue.
* Property destruction was reported at 8:40 p.m. April 19 in the 100 block of Maplewood Avenue; at 8:55 p.m. April 21 in the 1000 block of Irongate Lane; at 6:15 p.m. April 22 in the 500 block of Briarwood Drive; at 8:40 a.m. April 23 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; and at 7:20 a.m. April 25 in the 4200 block of Beechlawn Road.
* Police responded to a report of shots fired at 11:30 p.m. April 22 in the 700 block of Country Club Road.