Groveport Madison’s interim superintendent and the district’s director of curriculum, instruction and professional development are among eight superintendent candidates who will be interviewed by the school board May 9 and 10.
In addition to John Hurd and Garilee Speer Ogden, board members will talk with the following:
• Karen Arbogast, director of elementary education for Wooster City Schools
• Keith M. Bell, former superintendent of Euclid City Schools and former deputy superintendent for Columbus City Schools
• Todd D. Boggs, superintendent of Osnaburg Local Schools in East Canton, Ohio
• Dr. Reva C. Cosby, superintendent of Mount Healthy Schools in southwest Ohio
• Dr. Carl R. Metzger, assistant superintendent of South-Western City Schools in Grove City
• Dr. Kershini Naidu, director of student services for Orange City Schools in Pepper Pike, Ohio
The eight are among 29 people who submitted applications for the job to K12 Business Consulting Inc., the firm hired to help find a new superintendent. According to a May 3 press release from the district, K12 president Chris Mohr updated board members about the search at their May 2 meeting.
“Based on the initial vetting of the candidates’ work history, skills and accumulated experience in educational leadership positions, we have identified eight applicants that we believe most closely match the Superintendent Search Profile that was developed through extensive input from the Groveport Madison community,” Mohr said.
The school board voted unanimously to accept the company’s recommendation and directed K12 Business Consulting to set up initial interviews with the candidates.
Read the May 10 edition of ThisWeek Canal Winchester Times for details.