Reynoldsburg police were asked to do a "well-being" check on a 7-year-old girl and her family after a school administrator reported the girl said she was "living in the woods in a tent" behind a business in the 400 block of Lancaster Avenue.

According to the police report, officers received the call from the administrator at 3:58 p.m. May 1.

Officers searched the area and talked to employees of the business, who said a man, his wife and a little girl had been seen sleeping in their car the week before in the parking lot.

Officers located a tent behind a business in the 600 block of Lancaster Avenue but did not locate the family or the little girl.

In other Reynoldsburg police reports:

* A caller complained to police that a man was "dancing and yelling" at 9:24 p.m. April 27 in the parking lot of a business in the 6900 block of East Main Street. When officers questioned the man, he said he was "doing body-weight exercise and soul-searching." The reporting officer said the man did not appear to be intoxicated, so was not charged.

* A man was arrested for firing a gun into the air at 10:07 p.m. outside a residence on Pine Tree Lane, police said. A witness told officers she and her fiance saw the man stand outside and fire the gun. Police took possession of the gun.

* A mail carrier called police at 11:38 a.m. May 1 after she found a 3-year-old girl wandering at the corner of Firstgate and Pettigrew drives.

The girl told the carrier her parent's name and the carrier thought she lived on Trinity Circle.

Officers took the little girl home, where they found her father, who said he had "fallen asleep" and lost track of his daughter. No charges were filed.

* A man was arrested for theft at 2:22 p.m. April 27 when he pushed a cart full of groceries out the door of a business in the 6900 block of East Main Street.

Officers apprehended him in the parking lot. Police reports said warrants had been issued for him in Pike County on theft charges.

* An employee told police a man got away with $5,800 worth of sunglasses and eyeglasses at around 6:32 p.m. April 27 from a business in the 2300 block of Taylor Park Drive.

He was described as a tall white man, wearing a navy blue shirt.

He left in a dark-colored SUV that had the license plate encased in plastic, according to the police report.