Connections Volunteer Center, a program of HelpLine, has information about the following volunteer opportunities in Delaware County. For more information or to register, visit connectionsvolunteercenter.org, call 740-363-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* SourcePoint -- Volunteers will help older adults, deliver Meals on Wheels, transport homebound older adults to medical appointments, and/or lead group activities at dining centers.
* Area senior groups -- Older adults are sought to join area senior groups to take on leadership roles within the groups and help keep them flourishing.
* Alzheimer's Association -- Join the Walk to End Alzheimer's planning committee and help grow the movement to end Alzheimer's. The walk is Aug. 11 in Delaware.
* New Moon Half, Quarter & Crescent Moon 5K -- Groups of eight or more volunteers can receive a donation to their nonprofit. The race is May 26 in Delaware.
* Grace Clinic -- The free medical ministry in Delaware, serving uninsured and underinsured people, is in need of doctors, nurses, specialists, pharmacists and nonmedical volunteers.
* Stratford Ecological Center -- Volunteers can assist with light office duties and welcoming visitors.
* Strand Theatre -- Volunteers are needed to keep the theater running.
* Salvation Army Food Pantry -- Muscle is needed on the fourth Thursday of every month to help unload the food delivery truck. The truck arrives between 11 and 11:30 a.m. and takes about an hour to unload.
* Ohio Crime Victims Justice Center -- The center's mission is to protect constitutional and statutory rights of victims of crime, providing free legal assistance. Volunteers are needed.
* Habitat for Humanity Restore -- The store seeks volunteers ages 14 and older to accept donations, assist customers and run the register.
* Senior Companion -- Volunteers are needed to help older adults maintain their independence by taking them shopping or to doctor appointments, go for walks or play cards. Companions must be 55 or older and able to dedicate 15 to 20 hours a week. Companions are paid a tax-free stipend.
* Boardman Arts Park -- Volunteers are needed to support the park, which hosts rotating exhibits, art structures and a venue for classes, concerts and other events.
* Railroad Safety Task Force -- Volunteers can educate children and adults about safety when crossing railroad tracks.
* HelpLine SARN -- HelpLine's Sexual Assault Response Network program needs compassionate and motivated individuals to join the volunteer team in assisting survivors of sexual assault.
* Buckeye Valley Food Pantry -- Volunteers are needed to help with the weekly Panera Bread donation and the backpack program that provides food for the weekend for children.
* Volunteer Guardian Program -- Guardians are needed to serve individuals who have no family or friends able or willing to assist them.
* Common Ground Free Store -- The store provides free clothing and small household goods and also serves a free meal each time it opens. Helpers are needed at the store and/or to provide food.
* The Shane Center -- Volunteers needed to help people with disabilities by volunteering to help with therapeutic horsemanship. No experience necessary.