Shoes valued at $4,000 along with $700 worth of hats and jeans were stolen in a burglary in the 1600 block of Slatebrook Lane that was reported at 2:27 p.m. May 17.
The victims, a 28-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman, said the break-in took place after 7:55 that morning. A jar with $20 in change and two gaming systems valued at $300 each also were taken.
In other Northland-area police reports:
* A 33-year-old woman said someone entered her apartment in the 4900 block of Kingshill Drive between 9:01 a.m. May 15 and 12:10 a.m. May 16 and rifled through her underwear drawer, placing the underwear on her bed.
The woman said about a third of her panties and thongs, worth $120, were missing.
* An intoxicated man told police he had been assaulted at 1:45 a.m. May 17 in the 4600 block of Glen Grove Lane after getting into an argument over a marijuana purchase. The 39-year-old man said the suspect punched him in the face twice and also scratched his neck.
"The victim had visible scratches on his neck but no signs of being punched in the face," the responding officer noted.
The man refused medical treatment at the scene.
* A 50-year-old cab driver from Westerville said a fare punched him in the face at 3:05 p.m. May 14 after being given a ride to the 1900 block of East Dublin-Granville Road. He said he picked up the suspect in the 4800 block of Ridge Run Drive and took him to the location where the assault occurred. The driver said the customer gave him $20 at the destination, then punched him in the nose after being given $5 in change.
* A 32-year-old woman reported a road-rage incident at 9:38 p.m. May 14 in the 700 block of East Dublin-Granville Road. She said she was driving eastbound behind another vehicle which "brake-checked her a couple of times," so she went around it, only to be confronted by the driver and a passenger when stopped for a red light at Sinclair Road.
* A 32-year-old woman who lives in the 2100 block of Morse Ravine Drive told an officer she received six text messages from someone identifying himself as "Tony" between 4:38 and 5:08 a.m. May 13 offering to pay her for having sex with him. She said the phone number was not familiar to her.
* A safe containing $5,000 worth of jewelry and $3,000 in cash was reported stolen at 2:19 p.m. May 12 in the burglary of an apartment in the 5800 block of Arborwood Drive. Officers responded to an alarm at that location and made certain no one was inside.
The victim, a 27-year-old man, arrived at the scene and determined that the $100 safe and its contents were missing.
Officers reviewed footage from the security system's camera and, according to the report, determined there had been two people involved in the break-in.
* The assault squad was called at 10:47 p.m. May 11 after a 49-year-old man told officers someone fired a gun at him while he was driving on Interstate 71 at state Route 161. The man said three of the bullets struck his vehicle, a BMW. Detectives from the squad were summoned to interview the man and take photos of the interior of his car.