An employee of a store in the 2600 block of North High Street said she was threatened after getting into a struggle with someone who was trying to steal a duffel bag full of energy drinks at 7:56 p.m. May 29.
The victim told Columbus police she was told the man was filling the bag with drinks and confronted him.
The employee added the man had stolen items from the store "numerous times in the past."
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* Jewelry valued at $3,800 was reported stolen at 2:45 p.m. May 30 from a home in the 400 block of East Beaumont Road. The victim said a ring, earrings and necklace were taken after May 9 while contractors were working on her residence.
* A woman walked into a business in the 2600 block of North High Street at 6:19 p.m. May 30, told employees she had just been punched in the face, then suffered a seizure. A Division of Fire medic unit responded and the woman was transported to the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, according to the responding officer. He noted she had an injury to the right side of her face and that she had identified her assailant by a first name.
* A handgun valued at $229 was reported stolen at 11:48 a.m. May 30 from a vehicle that had been parked in the first block of Garden Road. The woman who owns the car said it was left unlocked between 9:30 p.m. May 29 and 11:18 a.m. May 30.
* A woman contacted officers at 10:04 p.m. May 29 to say she regarded a comment made by someone with whom she had been drinking in the 500 block of Morse Road as a threat.
The victim stated her companion said, "If I'm going out, I'm taking you with me." The suspect said there had been a minor argument, but no threats were made.
* Diapers valued at $60 were reported stolen at 8:38 a.m. May 28 from a store in the 4900 block of North High Street.
* A man said another man assaulted him during an argument at 9 p.m. May 27 in the 2800 block of North High Street. According to reports, the suspect claimed it was the alleged victim who had struck him with a skateboard.
* Someone broke the window to the back door of a residence in the 3200 block of Indianola Avenue between 9:30 a.m. May 26 and 12:10 a.m. May 27. The man who lives in the apartment said entry was not gained.
* A woman said her boyfriend struck her on the shoulder with his open hand at 11:30 p.m. May 26 at the intersection of North Broadway and North High Street. The suspect departed the scene before officers arrived.
* A woman told police at 8:13 a.m. May 25 someone cut several screens on her home in the 500 block of Milford Avenue in an attempt to open the windows. The woman said the break-in attempt took place after 10:30 p.m. May 24.
* The manager of a restaurant in the 2700 block of North High Street summoned police at 8:05 a.m. May 31 and asked them to issue a trespass notice to an individual on the property.
According to the responding officer, the manager said the person had repeatedly asked for money from customers entering the business or using the drive-through. The person was advised to leave and not return or face a charge of trespassing.
* The owner of a business in the 3200 block of North High Street asked for a police report at 2 p.m. May 30 regarding a customer who wrote a bad check for $455.80 on April 24.
The responding officer indicated he explained the process for handling misdemeanor bad-check cases, including pursuing charges through the prosecutor's office, but the business owner wanted a report nonetheless.