Damage was estimated at $500 after someone pried open the garage door of an 82-year-old woman's home in the 1300 block of Durness Court at 2:30 a.m. June 20.
The would-be burglar left without taking anything, according to Columbus Division of Police incident reports.
In other recent incident reports from northwest Columbus:
* A woman, 42, said a man pushed her on the right side of her face causing her to fall to the ground after she slapped him in the face because of something he said at 9 p.m. June 20 while they were in the 6300 block of Cherylbrook Lane. The victim said the suspect's cousin and a neighbor pulled him off her, after which he left the scene.
* In a report filed at 8:32 a.m. June 20, a representative of a business in the 2700 block of Festival Lane said someone had stolen a $3,000 purse.
The theft took place between June 14 and 18.
"The reporting person stated he did not have surveillance inside his business, and the item was sitting on a shelf," according to the officer who handled the call. "The reporting person stated he needed a police report to file a claim with his insurance company."
* Two men, one 37 and the other 49, said they were assaulted during an altercation that took place at 6:30 p.m. June 20 in front of an address in the 5100 block of Garmouth Court.
* A resident, 33, of the 2900 block of Cranston Drive contacted police at 5:25 p.m. June 19 to complain of an ongoing series of threats made by his brother.
The victim said the harassing calls and emails date to September 2012.
"The listed victim and suspect are brothers and the listed suspect has become increasingly aggressive since their father passed away and took the listed suspect out of the family will," the report stated.
* A safe containing $4,000 in cash was reported stolen at 3:17 p.m. June 15 from a residence in the 5000 block of Godown Road.
The victim, a 49-year-old woman, said the $50 safe, which also contained $4,400 worth of jewelry and her passport, was taken sometime after June 9.