Whitehall police arrested an 18-year-old Columbus man for robbery at 6 p.m. June 19 at Target, 3955 E. Broad St.
Police responded to a report of a shoplifter who assaulted a loss-prevention employee at the store.
According to police, the man gathered merchandise worth $155 in a backpack and attempted to leave the store. The loss-prevention employee confronted him and the man punched, pushed and scratched the employee as he ran away.
The employee had visible injuries to his face, neck and nose, police said.
Police detained the man in the store's parking lot, recovered the merchandise and arrested him, reports said.
He denied the incident and told police, after remembering he had just $2, that he placed the merchandise at the entrance of the store and planned to return later to purchase it.
Police obtained a video recording of the incident.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police arrested a 31-year-old man for assault, domestic violence and kidnapping at 7:15 a.m. June 18 at his residence in the 4100 block of Virginia Circle East.
A woman told police she had been locked in her bedroom for several hours that morning after the suspect, which whom she has three children and lives in a spousal relationship, slapped her in the head and face, pinned her on a bed and covered her mouth and face, restricting her breathing.
The woman reported she was forced to stand next to a dresser until she agreed to have sex with the man, according to reports.
The woman told police the man threatened to kill her and to harm her family if she left him.
After the man fell asleep, the woman escaped and called police.
Based on the actions of the man, the presence of children and the knowledge of weapons inside the residence, a SWAT team made entry and arrested the man without incident.
He was transported to the Franklin County jail.
Inside the residence, police found and impounded a rifle, a shotgun, a pistol, ammunition, marijuana, marijuana seeds and a digital scale, according to reports.
The suspect denied the woman's account, told police he does not live there and alleged she is "trying to get him in trouble" to change child-custody agreements, reports said.
* Burglaries were reported at 1:25 p.m. June 15 and at 5:40 p.m. June 16 in the 700 block of South Yearling Road; at 9:15 a.m. June 16 in the 900 block of Dimson Drive East; at 6:25 p.m. June 17 in the 5300 block of Great Oak Way; at 11:25 p.m. June 18 in the 800 block of Center Street; and at 2:30 a.m. June 20 in the 4800 block of East Main Street.
* Thefts were reported at 11:05 a.m. June 13 in the first block of North Hamilton Road; at 12:55 p.m. June 16 in the 4600 block of East Main Street; at 2:15 p.m. June 17 in the 4300 block of East Mound Street; at 11:25 a.m. June 19 in the 4700 block of East Broad Street; and at 11:55 p.m. June 19 in the 300 block of Collingwood Avenue.
* Police arrested a 50-year-old woman for assault at 8:35 a.m. June 14 in the 3500 block of East Main Street.
Assaults also were reported at 10:30 p.m. June 14 in the 100 block of Woodcliff Drive; at 4:45 p.m. June 16 in the 100 block of Pinewood Drive; at 10:50 p.m. June 18 in the 900 block of Karl Street; and at 11:15 a.m. June 19 in the 100 block of North Yearling Road.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 6:15 a.m. June 13 in the 900 block of South Hamilton Road; at 10:55 a.m. June 13 in the 5000 block of Dimson Drive North; and at 10:25 a.m. June 15 in the 3800 block of Brentwood Court.
* Property damage was reported at 5:30 p.m. June 15 in the 5100 block of East Main Street; at 8:30 a.m. June 18 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; at 9:10 a.m. June 18 in the 500 block of Virginia Circle West; at 11:15 p.m. June 18 in the 4000 block of Virginia Circle East; at 11:55 a.m. June 20 in the 100 block of Beechtree Road; and at 5:20 p.m. June 20 in the 4600 block of East Main Street.
* Police responded to reports of shots fired at 12:15 a.m. June 13 in the 900 block of Fairway Boulevard; at 10:55 p.m. June 17 in the 1000 block of Fountain Lane; and at 1:35 a.m. June 18 in the 400 block of Beechtree Road.