A variety of settings will be on display for the Midsummer Clintonville Open Garden Tour, set Sunday, July 15.
The tour, which is free and self-guided, runs from noon to 4 p.m. Maps will be available at the Whetstone branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library. For more information, visit the Clintonville Open Garden Tour Facebook page or email clintonvillegardens@ gmail.com.
Tour stops will include:
* 4517 Rosemont Place -- a small Zen garden with pergolas and other hardscape, and a large vegetable garden accented with perennials and annuals included in a large space.
* 143 E. Dominion Blvd. -- intensive urban agriculture on two adjacent backyards, with vertical gardening, chickens and yard art.
* 109 Westwood Road -- dahlias, 40 David Austin roses, perennials, annuals and vegetables, a koi pond and fountain.
* 146 Erie Road -- a shaded patio and numerous garden beds, both sun and shade, with a mixture of perennial and annual flowers, along with many containers.
* 363 E. Torrence Road -- many native plants, terraced front yard with vegetables, perennials, and berries, a backyard rock garden with waterfall and specimen conifers.
* 28 E. Lakeview Ave. -- mixed plantings of annuals, perennials and shrubs surrounding an apartment building, vegetables, gooseberries and strawberries; large sunny mixed island bed in back with annuals, bulbs, perennials and small conifers.
* 75 E. Lakeview Ave. -- densely planted garden rooms in both sun and shade, with more than 260 varieties of perennials, a pottery fountain, clipped boxwood hedges and a large collection of succulents and cactuses in pots.
* 75 E. Tulane Road -- no lawn, with a mix of perennials, biennials and naturalized annuals, and a hummingbird haven in the backyard.
* 2827 Kensington Place W. -- a Little Free Library, herbs, a squirrel-excluding enclosure for vegetables, a paved seating area, a mature "Forest Pansy" redbud, and an artfully painted shed.
* Clintonville-Beechwold Community Resources Center Community Garden -- at the end of Midgard Road, abutting railroad tracks.