We're spending some time in the great outdoors during this week's episode of "The Great Food Debate," a podcast about the best food, drinks and specialties found in central Ohio. But this week's topic aligns with our summer series thus far of barbecue and ice cream.
We're discussing the greatest spots to go camping and the kinds of meals you should prepare while on your trip.
This episode's panelists are:
• Scott Felker, a naturalist with the Columbus and Franklin County Metro Parks
• Paul Comstock, ThisWeek Community News freelance reporter and camping and Appalachian Trail enthusiast with his own YouTube channel: flatbrokeoutside
• Sarah Sole, a reporter for ThisWeek Community News
Where is the best place to go camping?
Scott's pick: Yellowstone National Park (Yellowstone, Wyoming) -- No specific street address
Paul's pick: Appalachian Trail (which spans from Georgia to Maine)
Sarah's pick: Hocking Hills State Park (19852 state Route 664 South, Logan)
Other campsites mentioned in this episode:
• Jenny Lake (part of Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming)
• Madison campground (a specific campground inside of Yellowstone National Park)
• Lake Hope State Park (27331 OH-278, McArthur)
• Happy Hills Campground (22245 State Route 278 SW, Nelsonville)
• Shenandoah National Park (3655 U.S. Highway 211 E., Luray, Virginia)
• Lewis Mountain campground (a specific campground inside Shenandoah National Park)
• Burr Oak State Park (10220 Burr Oak Lodge Road, Glouster)
• Salt Fork State Park (14755 Cadiz Road, Lore City)
• Alum Creek State Park (3305 S. Old State Road, Delaware)
• Scioto Grove Metro Park (5172 Jackson Pike, Grove City)
New episodes are released every Friday. Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Google Play and Stitcher. Have any suggestions on what we should talk about? Email us at email@example.com or tweet us at @ThisWeekNews.
After you subscribe, the latest episodes will be downloaded automatically to your phone or tablet so you can listen during your commute while working out or making dinner.
This podcast was produced by Scott Hummel, ThisWeek assistant managing editor, digital, and hosted by Abby Armbruster.