A 47-year-old woman who works in an insurance company's sales office in the 7300 block of Sawmill Road told Columbus police she received a threatening phone call at 11:16 a.m. July 17
The victim said the caller was believed to be a woman who informed her that she or her employer had "bombed" the woman four months earlier, and that either the employee or the insurance firm owed $500,000 for the damage. The victim said she was not familiar with the alleged incident, and besides she works in sales and not claims.
In other recent Columbus Division of Police incident reports from northwest Columbus:
* The loss-prevention officer at a store in the 3700 block of West Dublin-Granville Road filed an embezzlement complaint against an employee at 5:20 p.m. July 18.
According to the report, between June 6 and 11 the morning of the call to police, the employee "processed fictitious store returns and loaded monetary values onto gift cards, which were then used for personal use by the suspect." The amount involved was $3,671.02.
* A 27-year-old woman said she returned to her apartment in the 2200 block of Country Corners Drive at 5:17 p.m. July 18 to find the front door open. The victim, who said she had been away from the residence since 3 the previous afternoon, reported a $600 shotgun and a $530 handgun were among items stolen.
* A 29-year-old man said he was assaulted by someone he didn't know at 2:15 a.m. July 18 at a bar in the 2800 block of Bethel Road.
* A $700 power washer and a $200 leaf blower were reported stolen at 2:36 p.m. July 17 from a garage in the 2700 block of Delcane Drive. The victim, a 49-year-old man, said someone walked into the garage and took the items between 3 and 8 that morning.
* A 55-year-old man filed a complaint at noon July 16 after discovering someone had removed the $3,000 exhaust system from his Honda Odyssey while it was parked in the 5200 block of Fall Water Court.
The victim said the theft occurred between midnight and 2 p.m. July 15.