A 26-year-old Dublin man was arrested after initially evading police in a stolen vehicle.
Officers responded at 12:56 a.m. July 7 to the area of South High and West Bridge streets after receiving a report of a "suspicious" vehicle, according to Dublin police department incident reports.
After the driver ran a stop sign, he didn't stop when police attempted to pull him over, according to the report. After trying initially to pursue the vehicle, officers later found it after the driver apparently crashed in a grassy area on the northwest side of the intersection of Dublin and Indian Run roads.
No one was in the vehicle.
Other officers were able to locate the man believed to be the driver, and he reportedly admitted to driving the vehicle and fleeing from the crash before falling into a ravine off Indian Run Road.
The man told police he had the vehicle about five days and got it from another person but declined to name the person.
Police took the man to the Dublin Justice Center for processing and then to the Franklin County Jail.
He was charged with receiving stolen property and failure to comply with the order or signal of a police officer.
In other recent Dublin incident reports:
* A 35-year-old man was indicted in Delaware County on multiple counts of receiving stolen property after he was arrested by Dublin police. Police have declined to disclose the date and location of the arrest because they said they believe the man might be a suspect in other thefts.
Reports said the man was arrested after officers saw him driving a stolen vehicle, attempting to enter another unlocked vehicle and then fleeing.
When officers searched the car the man had been driving, they discovered items that had been reported stolen in thefts from vehicles in Dublin.
* Aggravated menacing was reported July 11 in the initial block of Corbins Mill Drive.
* A 23-year-old man was charged with violating a protection order or consent agreement July 10 in the 5400 block of Briardale Lane.
* A 58-year-old man was charged with theft from a building July 10 in the 5100 block of Upper Metro Place.
* Theft of $2,100 in vehicle parts or accessories was reported at 8:41 a.m. July 9 in the 5000 block of Post Road.
* A 28-year-old man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs July 9 at U.S. Route 33 West and Emerald Parkway.
* A 52-year-old woman was charged with marijuana drug abuse July 9 in the 5500 block of Glendon Court.
* A 49-year-old man was charged with endangering children July 9 in the initial block of West Bridge Street.
* A 55-year-old man was charged with domestic violence-simple assault July 9 in the 6700 block of Perimeter Loop Road.
* A 53-year-old woman was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs July 8 in the 200 block of West Bridge Street.
* A 23-year-old man was charged with domestic violence-simple assault July 8 in the 5400 block of Briardale Lane.
* A 29-year-old Chicago man was cited for running a stop sign and issued a summons for obstructing official business at 3:30 p.m. July 7 in the 5700 block of Memorial Drive after police went to the area on a report of loud music.
Reports said the vehicle had no license plate light and the man was driving at a high speed. When police attempted to pull him over, the man pulled into a driveway in the 5800 block of Moray Court and went inside the home before talking to police.
* A 19-year-old woman was charged with drug possession July 7 at Eiterman Road and Glasin Court.
* A total of $430 in electronics, cash and other items was reported stolen at 3:53 p.m. July 6 from a residence in the 5300 block of Aryshire Drive.
* A 36-year-old man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs July 6 in the 5800 block of Dublin Road.