Multiple law-enforcement agencies assisted the New Albany Police Department in responding to a bomb threat the morning of July 18 at a business on the 7700 block of Walton Parkway.

An office manager at 7:56 a.m. received a text message from an unknown person asking if she still worked at the business, said New Albany Sgt. Garrett Fernander.

When she responded that it depended on who was asking, the person texted her, "I'm blowing your office up," he said.

Police officers and personnel from the Plain Township Fire Department arrived at 8 a.m., Fernander said. The officer manager evacuated the building, and police established a command post and advised nearby businesses of the situation, he said.

After K-9 units from the Columbus Division of Fire and the Ohio State University Police Department assisted in searching the floors of the building and nothing was found, employees were allowed to return to work, Fernander said.

The case was referred to New Albany's detective bureau, he said.

In other recent New Albany police incident reports:

* A 27-year-old Columbus woman was arrested for OVI after a traffic stop at 3:07 a.m. July 22 at state Route 161 and Kitzmiller Road.

* A 32-year-old Columbus man was cited for open container after a traffic stop at 3:04 a.m. July 21 at state Route 161 and Johnstown Road.

* An officer at 10 a.m. July 18 was dispatched to a construction site on the 1500 block of Beech Road Southwest on a report of stolen copper wire. The wire was valued $7,697.43, Fernander said.

* A 24-year-old Newark man was arrested for possession of marijuana and hashish and driving under suspension at 5:57 p.m. July 17 at state Route 161 and New Albany Condit Road.

* An officer at 12:25 p.m. July 17 was dispatched to the 7400 block of West Campus Oval on a report of vehicular vandalism.

After two men had an argument at a business that continued into the parking lot, both men left in their vehicles, Fernander said. At the intersection of state Route 605 and New Albany Road, one of the men threw a water bottle at the other man's vehicle, allegedly chipping the paint in two areas, he said.

The investigation remains open and no one has been charged, Fernander said.