Nearly $7,000 worth of jewelry was reported stolen from a downtown Powell business last week.
According to Powell police reports, three diamond engagement rings, together worth $6,820, were taken from the store in the first block of North Liberty Street between 10 a.m. and noon July 24.
In other recent Powell police reports:
* A Powell man July 20 reported the theft of a $559 bicycle from his home in the 4500 block of Village Club Drive.
According to reports, the bike was taken from an unlocked garage between 1:30 p.m. July 18 and 6:33 p.m. July 20.
* A business in the first block of West Olentangy Street reported the theft of $30 worth of merchandise July 21. According to reports, the items were stolen between 11:45 a.m. and noon that day.
* A resident of the 200 block of Glen Village Court reported being the victim of theft July 24.
According to reports, more than $1,100 was taken between July 6 and 13.
* A 32-year-old Westerville woman was charged with misdemeanor theft July 19 after allegedly stealing $272 worth of clothing and makeup from a business in the 8800 block of Columbus Pike, according to Delaware County Sheriff's reports.
* Deputies on July 19 charged a 24-year-old Marengo man with attempted theft, obstruction of justice, resisting arrest and drug possession at a business in the 100 block of Meadow Park Avenue.
The man allegedly stole $1,354 worth of merchandise.
* A 27-year-old Mount Gilead woman was charged with misdemeanor theft July 19 after allegedly stealing $83 worth of merchandise, including doughnuts and blueberry pancakes, from a business in the 8600 block of Columbus Pike.
* A woman who lives in the 7800 block of Glenmore Drive reported the theft of a $429 bicycle from her garage around 4:56 p.m. July 20.