A Columbus man who police said over indulged in spirits was arrested after allegedly passing out on the floor of a restaurant and refusing a ride home.
Upper Arlington police were called to a restaurant in the 2100 block of Riverside Drive at 8:02 p.m. July 17 on a report that an intoxicated man was unconscious on the floor.
Upon arrival, officers found a 37-year-old man sleeping face down on the floor of the restaurant in front of its bar. He reportedly was "covered" in salsa and was wearing only one shoe.
Restaurant employees told police the man had been drinking heavily before passing out. They said he also had been removing clothing and acting boisterously and had spilled both a bottle of salsa and a drink on himself.
After police woke the man, he reportedly admitted he'd been drinking tequila and rum throughout the day, and he couldn't remember his address. Officers said he paid his $49 bar bill but refused multiple offers to be driven home.
Police deemed the man a danger to himself and others and arrested him, charging him with disorderly conduct. He was taken to Upper Arlington Police Division headquarters before being released to a friend who drove him home.
In other recent Upper Arlington Police Division reports:
* A pistol valued at $400, $750 in cash, a video camera valued at $300, boots valued at $100, a pocket knife valued at $30, 50 rounds of 9-millimeter ammunition valued at $16 and miscellaneous jewelry, value undetermined, reportedly were stolen from a man's residence in the 3800 block of Mountview Road between 2:30 and 3:43 a.m. July 15.
* An MP3 player and cellphone reportedly were stolen from a man's unlocked vehicle while parked outside his residence in the 3100 block of Bembridge Road between 11 p.m. July 18 and 9 a.m. July 19.
* Two purses valued together at $600, "negotiable instruments" valued at $500, $40 in cash and personal identity papers reportedly were stolen from a woman's vehicle while parked outside her residence in the 3100 block of Brandon Road between 7 p.m. July 18 and 9:44 a.m. July 19.
* Tools valued together at $600, a cooler valued at $549, a drill bit set valued at $200 and a drill valued at $150 reportedly were stolen from a man's garage in the 4300 block of Shelbourne Lane between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. July 18. Entry was gained by someone using a prying instrument on a rear door of the garage.
* A 37-year-old Upper Arlington man was charged with assault after allegedly striking a woman outside a residence in the 3800 block of Waldo Place at 6:20 p.m. July 18.
* Personal papers valued together at $100 and $7 in cash reportedly were stolen from a woman's vehicle while parked outside her residence in the 1900 block of Suffolk Road between 10 p.m. July 17 and 8:30 p.m. July 18.
* A wallet valued at $20 and $800 in cash reportedly was stolen from a man's vehicle while parked in the 3900 block of Newhall Road between 11:30 a.m. and 3:36 p.m. July 18.
* A radar detector valued at $200, a global-positioning device valued at $200, eyeglass covers valued at $30, Xanax pills valued at $20, boat keys valued at $20 and a handicap placard valued at $7 reportedly were stolen from a man's vehicle while parked outside his residence in the 2600 block of Welsford Road between 8:30 p.m. July 17 and 5:30 a.m. July 18.