Whitehall police reported a robbery at 8:50 p.m. July 29 at Kroger, 3675 E. Broad St.
A security officer told police he was alerted to a man stealing merchandise and confronted a man matching the description who ran away south on Maplewood Avenue.
The officer chased the man, who reportedly ran west toward an apartment building on South Napoleon Avenue in Columbus.
Reports said the thief reached toward his waistband and pointed at what the employee thought might be a gun.
The employee was unsure whether it was a gun or if the thief wanted him to believe he had a gun, according to reports, but the employee did not continue chasing him.
The thief took groceries worth $30, reports said.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police arrested a 25-year-old man for criminal trespassing and assault at 11 a.m. July 30 in the 600 block of Maplewood Avenue.
The man had been ordered by police not to return to the residence after police responded to a report of a disturbance there July 29.
According to witnesses, a man at the residence ordered the suspect to leave, but the suspect instead kissed the man and then punched him in the face.
The suspect told police he was at the residence because he had personal property in the garage.
The victim told police he wanted to file assault charges and the owner of the home requested criminal trespassing charges.
The man was arrested and transported to the Franklin County jail.
* Police arrested a 42-year-old man for public indecency after responding to a report of two men fighting in the street at 5:45 p.m. July 28 in the first block of Woodcliff Drive.
Police arrived and found two men fighting about ownership of a bicycle, reports said. Neither had any visible injuries and both had "calmed down" and told police there would "no further problems," according to reports.
But witnesses reportedly told police one of the men had been masturbating through his pants and had pulled his pants down, exposing himself.
Reports said the man admitted to pulling his pants down, stating he was "mooning" people at the conclusion of the fight.
After he was arrested, the man complained of chest pains and was evaluated by Whitehall medics.
He was found to be in no danger and transported to the Franklin County jail, reports said.
* Burglaries were reported at 4:05 a.m. July 25 in the 3800 block of Kenard Court; at 8:05 a.m. July 26 in the 700 block of Bernhard Road; at 3 a.m. July 27 in the 4500 block of East Main Street; at 2:25 p.m. July 28 in the 1000 block of Rose Place; at 11:30 p.m. July 29 in the 900 block of Harbinger Circle East; and at 5:05 p.m. July 30 in the 4800 block of Langley Avenue.
* Thefts were reported at 10:25 a.m. July 26 in the 500 block of Country Club Road; at 11:30 a.m. July 27 in the 5300 block of Great Oak Way; at 9 p.m. July 26 in the 400 block of South Hamilton Road; at 7:30 a.m. a.m. July 27 in the 4800 block of Langley Avenue; at 10:45 a.m. July 27 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; at 12:50 p.m. July 27 in the 300 block of South Hamilton Road; at 9:55 p.m. July 27 in the 1000 block of Erickson Avenue; at 9:35 p.m. July 28 in the 1000 block of Rose Place; and at 12:30 p.m. July 30 in the first block of Pinewood Drive.
* Assaults were reported at 2:55 p.m. July 28 in the 3900 block of East Broad Street; at 5:20 p.m. July 28 in the first block of Woodcliff Drive; at 12:30 a.m. July 29 in the 4700 block of East Broad Street; and at 8:45 p.m. July 30 in the 100 block of North Hamilton Road.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 6:50 a.m. July 26 in the 1100 block of Irongate Lane; at 8:50 p.m. July 31 in the 4000 block of Virginia Circle East; and at 6:15 a.m. Aug. 1 in the 200 block of South Yearling Road.
* Police responded to a report of shots fired at 11:35 p.m. July 28 in the 100 block of Woodcliff Drive.