Connections Volunteer Center, a program of HelpLine, has information about the following volunteer opportunities in Delaware County. For more information or to register, visit connectionsvolunteercenter.org, call 740-363-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* SourcePoint -- Volunteers are needed to prepare meals for Meals on Wheels between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. weekdays; pool attendants, hosts for Cafe 55 and Meals on Wheels drivers for Sunbury also are needed.
* Kids on the Block -- Volunteers wanted to learn and perform a 10-minute skit at local schools during the school year to educate children about bullying, abuse and internet dangers.
* Suicide Prevention Walk -- Help raise awareness by volunteering for the Sept. 8 walk.
* Girls on the Run -- Helpers are needed to work with local youth to build self-confidence and learn how to incorporate physical activity into their daily lives.
* Habitat for Humanity -- Help support Habitat by representing the organization at this year's Parade of Homes, Sept. 1-16 in the Jerome area.
* Grace Clinic -- The free medical ministry in Delaware is in need of pharmacists, optometrists, dentists, physicians, interpreters, nurses and prayer encouragers, Monday mornings and Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
* Senior Companion -- Help older adults maintain their independence by being a friend who takes them shopping or to doctor appointments, goes for walks or plays cards with them. Companions must be 55 or older and able to dedicate 15 to 20 hours a week. They are paid a tax-free stipend and have benefits. Income restrictions apply.
* Strand Theatre -- Volunteer to keep the theater running.
* Railroad Safety Task Force -- Volunteers are needed to educate children and adults about safety when crossing railroad tracks at school safety days, community events and fairs.
* Delaware County Historical Society -- Oral history project interviewees are needed to help record memories. The society is seeking people who were 15 years or older in 1968 to talk about their memories of the period in a one-hour interview.
* Common Ground Free Store -- Volunteers are needed to help in the store or to help serve meals.
* Volunteer Guardian Program -- Guardians are needed to serve individuals who have no family or friends able or willing to assist them.
* The Shane Center -- Volunteers needed to help people with disabilities improve their physical, emotional and cognitive well-being by volunteering to help with therapeutic horsemanship.
* Make A Difference Delaware County -- Helpers needed to serve older adults and area nonprofits Oct. 27.
* United Way/Strengthening Families -- Volunteers needed to help children pick out school supplies Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays through Aug. 23 at Willis Education Center.
* SARN HelpLine -- Sexual Assault Response Network volunteers provide sensitivity and support to survivors of sexual violence. The application and interview process and free training starts Sept. 22.
* Citizens Police Academy -- Join the next class starting Sept. 4 and learn about policing in Delaware.