Gahanna police recently responded to a Salt Lick Lane resident's report that his vehicle had been stolen sometime overnight, according to a report received at 6:08 a.m. Aug. 8.
He said he might have left the keys in the vehicle, but he wasn't sure, according to reports. A bicycle was left where his vehicle was parked in the driveway, reports said. It was impounded.
The resident said he is current on car payments and the vehicle hasn't been reported as repossessed with Gahanna or Columbus police, according to reports.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* A Carpenter Road resident reported people with a backhoe were destroying his property, according to a report received at 8:18 a.m. Aug. 6. It appeared a drain line was being buried at the property line between his and several connecting residences, reports said. The homeowner went to the zoning office and was waiting for a call back in reference to the work being done, reports said.
* A homeless man allegedly threatened people at a business in the 200 block of South Hamilton Road, according to a report received at 3:19 p.m. Aug. 4. The man, estimated to be in his mid-50s, comes in once a month and demands food, according to reports.
* A suspicious vehicle was observed at Woodside Green Park, 213 Camrose Court, according a report received at 1:27 a.m. Aug. 4. A man was playing Pokemon Go, reports said.
* Two males, possibly teens, came up to the door of a Daventry Lane residence and asked for cookies, according to a suspicious-person report received at 7:06 p.m. Aug. 3. They came to the door at 5 p.m., and the resident believed they might have walked past her house at the time of the report, the resident told police.
* An Orchard Hill Court resident said he thought he interrupted someone rummaging through his vehicle, according to a report received at 4:10 a.m. Aug. 3. He said nothing was taken but knives were left on a seat, reports said.
* Juveniles were speeding on a motor scooter and a four-wheeler on Waybaugh Drive and Waring Way, according to a complaint received at 2:51 p.m. Aug. 2. They also were out a couple hours earlier riding around the neighborhood. Another caller from Mistletoe Street also complained about the juveniles, reports said.
* A Belcross Drive resident advised police of speeders on the street during morning hours, according to a complaint received at 9:02 a.m. Aug. 2. The resident offered to let police use his driveway to run speed checks, reports said.
* A fence had been damaged behind a residence in the 100 block of Lincolnshire Road, according to a report received at 8:37 p.m. Aug. 1. The resident believed someone might have jumped it to cut through the property, reports said.
* Gahanna police informed a man about Gahanna Residents In Need, after he was reported for panhandling at Morse and North Hamilton roads at 5:13 p.m. Aug. 1. The man said he lives in Reynoldsburg in a tent, reports said.
* A wallet was stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the first block of Bird Street, according to a report received at 9:47 a.m. Aug. 1.