No charges were filed after Whitehall police responded to a report of a man who told police a woman stabbed him at 4:30 p.m. Aug. 5 at a hotel in the 3900 block of East Main Street.
There were no independent witnesses to the incident and both subjects were intoxicated, according to reports.
Neither wanted to press charges and no evidence supported the man's claim that he'd been stabbed, reports said.
The 46-year-old Columbus man told police he had been stabbed, prompting responding officers to take a 42-year-old Wisconsin woman into custody at gunpoint, according to reports.
The man reportedly had "light scrapes" that appeared to be scratch marks from a fingernail.
He told police he caught the woman using crack cocaine and that he suspected her of having sexual relationships with other men. When he confronted her, she went "crazy" and tried to stab him with a steak knife, he told police.
When he ran away, she stabbed his backpack and thought she'd stabbed him, he said.
Questioned separately, the woman told police the two have an "on-and-off" dating relationship and went to the hotel to have sex, but the man became angry when she refused to videotape the encounter.
The woman told police there was pushing and shoving between them, but she did not stab the man nor did she have a knife.
No steak knife or any similar object was found by officers.
After being questioned, the man took his property and left without further incident, reports said.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* A 20-year-old woman told police a man stole her mother's purse at 10:35 p.m. Aug. 4 from the parking lot of a business in the 3600 block of East Broad Street.
The woman told police she and her mother were loading groceries into their vehicle when a teenage boy approached the vehicle, asking for directions to Whitehall.
The woman told the boy he was in Whitehall, and the boy asked the location of Whitehall-Yearling High School.
The woman pointed toward the school and the boy began making a phone call, according to reports.
After finishing his call, the boy reportedly grabbed a purse from the shopping cart and ran west toward Napoleon Avenue.
The woman briefly chased the boy but could not catch up, reports said. The purse reportedly contained a credit card and $40.
* Burglaries were reported at 1:10 p.m. Aug. 1 in the first block of Beechwood Road; at 6:50 a.m. Aug. 3 in the 800 block of South Hamilton Road; at 6:20 p.m. Aug. 4 in the 5300 block of Gatehouse Drive; at 8:20 p.m. Aug. 4 in the 200 block of Collingwood Avenue; at 11:45 a.m. Aug. 5 in the 1000 block of Irongate Lane; at 7:10 a.m. Aug. 8 in the 4600 block of East Main Street; and at 12:45 p.m. Aug. 8 in the 100 block of Beechford Road.
* Thefts were reported at 9:15 a.m. Aug. 1 in the 100 block of North Hamilton Road; at 12:10 a.m. Aug. 2 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; at 5:45 p.m. Aug. 2 in the 800 block of Antwerp Road; at 7:05 p.m. Aug. 3 in the 700 block of Erickson Avenue; at 12:10 p.m. Aug. 5 in the 3900 block of East Broad Street; at 10:55 p.m. Aug. 5 in the 200 block of North Yearling Road; at 8:15 a.m. Aug. 6 in the 4600 block of Poth Road; at 12:45 p.m. Aug. 6 in the 900 block of Pierce Avenue; at 4:30 p.m. Aug. 6 in the 100 block of Woodcliff Drive; and at 11:15 a.m. Aug. 7 in the 900 block of Heritage Drive West.
* Assaults were reported at 12:30 a.m. Aug. 2 in the 500 block of Heatherhill Road; at 1 a.m. Aug. 2 in the 3600 block of East Broad Street; at 11:30 p.m. Aug. 5 in the 3900 block of Andrus Court East; and at 9 p.m. Aug. 8 in the 100 block of South Yearling Road.
* Police arrested a 48-year-old woman for disorderly conduct and a 38-year-old man for assault, disorderly conduct and public intoxication at 6:55 a.m. Aug. 3 in the 4600 block of East Main Street.
* Police arrested two 18-year-old women and two 19-year-old women, each for disorderly conduct, after responding to a report of a fight at 5:15 p.m. Aug. 3 in the 1000 block of South Hamilton Road.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 6:15 a.m. Aug. 1 in the 200 block of South Yearling Road; at 3:40 a.m. Aug. 3 in the 1000 block of Fountain Lane; and at 5:25 p.m. Aug. 7 in the 4100 block of East Main Street.
* Property destruction was reported at 4:10 p.m. Aug. 1 in the 300 block of Beechmill Court; at 11:45 a.m. Aug. 4 in the 4400 block of East Broad Street; at 3:20 p.m. Aug. 5 in the 1000 block of Great Oak Drive; at 9:55 a.m. Aug. 6 in the 4000 block of Beechbank Road; and at 6:05 p.m. Aug. 6 in the 100 block of Little Flower Lane.
* Police responded to a report of shots fired at 4:50 p.m. Aug. 8 in the 1000 block of Townhouse Lane.